Home Metal Detecting
Options

May 18-20 2012: 3 Silvers including Sterling Barrette?

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
Got out a few times this weekend and had the nicest weather in 2 months! No rain and barely any clouds - quite a treat in the part.

Friday I got out to the area that yielded the 3 silvers a few days ago. Not too much, but got a 1947-S Roosie and a tick. Didn't notice it until later, but thank goodness for tweezers!

Visited my good buddy on saturday and had a couple hours to kill while he ran errands. Got out to a park but not much, just the aluminum Mary pendant, another aluminum religious pendant, and another boy scout tie piece. Also got a piece that looked like a pull tab, but right before I put it in my pouch, noticed it had a face on it. Any idea what it can be?

Had a couple hours today and found a 1962 Roosie right off. Deep silver at this place is about 2 inches! Not much else for the next hour and a half, then a screamer of a signal - of course it's shallow. After feeling around the plug, it felt like some random piece of metal, but upon pulling it out, it was some kind of decorative piece... flipped it over and saw .925! Looks to be from the company "Far Fetched" and made in Mexico. I guess it was a barrette with the snap pieces rusted/rusting away. 16.3 grams! Should I take the rusted pieces off? Would be able to get a more accurate read on silver weight, and at this point, it's no longer functional anyway.

HH all!

Comments