Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Awesome 1988 Maxx Earnhardt Promo PSA 10 sold on ebay

An awesome 1988 Maxx Dale Earnhardt Promo PSA 10 card sold for $554.44 on ebay last night. I was willing to put 5 bills on it last night but it went over what I was willing to spend.
This is a great card.

1988 Maxx Earnhardt Promo PSA 10

Logan

Comments

• Options
    Whats the story on these Earnhardt promo cards? They didn't come with the original Maxx set so when did they enter the market?
    Collector of Nascar ticket stubs from 1949-present. 1,464 different tickets and growing! Visit www.nascarticketstubs.com to see which ones I need.
  • Options
    kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭
    Here is a link to a story of the 1988 Maxx Earnhardt Promo my buddy Val wrote. He says it best.

1988 Maxx Dale Earnhardt Promo Story

Logan
  • Options
    Cool article thanks.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this on my watch list. SMR is $700 and I was expecting a higher finish.

I think this is a very cool card. I am not a NASCAR fan but if I was this is a must own at any price.

• Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    Cool card. I used to have it on my list for none big 4 sport rookie cards... Until I heard about the 83 UNO card. Which one is more valuable?
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    IMO, the 1983 UNO Earnhardt is more valuable. There are far less PSA 10's of that card than his 1988 Maxx Promo.

Logan
  • Options
    Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    Those are both nice cards (1983 UNO and 1988 Maxx) but the killer Earnhardt card in my option is the 1986 SportStar Photo-Graphics card.

1983 UNO:
    There was a large find of 1983 UNO sets and it’s a great card. Davis Chobat was the photographer for this set and the David Chobat estate sold a large lot of these in the summer of 2006). That’s why there are 7 PSA 10’s and 7 PSA 9’s out of 17 total graded 1983 UNO Earnhardt’s but it is his first card!
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    Very cool, thanks for sharing. I was a die cast collector in the late 90's. (Wasnt collecting cards at the time, got rid of everything exception of my 24 car diecast) I am glad I got out before they really started producing high quality cards I would have gone broke.

A guy I know whos collection of nascar/world of out laws, drag racing cards and cars is just crazy (Valued in hundreds or thousands, nothing like I have ever seen before). He has been in the nascar hobby since the 70's has at lease 2 of these cards, and dozens of Charlotte Maxx sets along with hot rod sets I have never seen anywhere else. He is not a graded car guy but I keep telling him when he is ready I can help him out.

Kind of miss the NASCAR diecasts but they are so hard to display as they take up quite a bit of room.
  • Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭
    I'm impressed.... the car in your signature really does say, "KINGNASCAR is #1 in PSA racing."

• Options

<< <i>I'm impressed.... the car in your signature really does say, "KINGNASCAR is #1 in PSA racing."

image >>

You are the first person to notice that.

Thanks,
    Logan
  • Options

<< <i>I'm impressed.... the car in your signature really does say, "KINGNASCAR is #1 in PSA racing."

image >>

You are the first person to notice that.

Thanks,
    Logan
  • Options
    I am approaching card #99 in the 1988 Maxx set and when Logan linked the site I saw some details that I have since learned were incorrect and knew more about. I updated the site with the new info and each version is now documented with pictures.

Updated Story With All 1988 Maxx Dale Earnhardt Versions
  • Options
    mbothnermbothner Posts: 761 ✭✭✭
    I pulled one of these redemptions back in 1994 and sent it into Maxx. I sold the card years ago. The redemptions were one per 20 box case.
  • Options
    mbothner, that's awesome. I bet that was an adrenaline rush!
  • Options

<< <i>I pulled one of these redemptions back in 1994 and sent it into Maxx. I sold the card years ago. The redemptions were one per 20 box case. >>

I tried like crazy to pull one of those Earnhardts back in 1994. I bought six boxes and as I recall those boxes were quite pricey for the day. I never pulled one though.

Logan