Home Sports Talk
Options

Mariners offense...Houston we have a problem.

Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
This is like a 4 year run of just being flat out terrible. Here is their lineup today. It's really bad. The bigger problem is...the guys batting under .200 are probably that type of hitter. They're not really in a slump...that's who they are. Half of the team or more are really no better than minor leaguers. It's tough to watch.

D. Ackley .263
M. Saunders .230
I. Suzuki rf .281
K. Seager .273
J. Smoak .197
A. Liddi .266
J. Jaso .264
M. Carp .132
B. Ryan .146

Comments

• Options
    RoarIn84RoarIn84 Posts: 859 ✭✭
    too bad you can't play the Tigers every day.....
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    that's bad, but averages are down across the majors....there are more guys hitting under the Mendoza line than I ever remember at this time of year.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    A few days ago, they scored the 25th most runs in MLB. In 2 games, they surge up to #14. WOW.

Dropping 10, then 21 runs on the defending AL champs is pretty impressive!
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Ichiro back to leadoff

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Ichiro's first day back at leadoff=2 SOLO home runs image

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
    Last June, the Twins trotted out the worst starting lineup I have ever seen in a major league game. 6/11/11, to be exact. It was so awful I actually wrote it down for posterity:

1) Ben Revere
    2) Alexi Casilla
    3) Michael Cuddyer
    4) Delmon Young
    5) Rene Tosoni
    6) Danny Valencia
    7) Brian Dinkleman
    8) Rene Rivera
    9) Matt Tolbert

Less than a year later, all of the bottom five guys in that lineup are currently in the minor leagues. Of the four that are in the majors, only Cuddyer is an impact player (and even he isn't exactly a superstar).
    Let's see the Mariners top that.image
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA