Home Sports Talk
Options

Sorry Heat Fans.....no chance

Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
The Heat to me are done. I have a few reasons why I feel this.

1st- The eastern conference is weak and can not match up to the west at all.

2nd- With Lebron and Wade....It's 2 guys versus the entire other team. The rest of Miami is clearly below average/Bosh aside.

3rd- Every remaining possible matchup for the Heat is not in their favor whatsoever....I will break each one down a little bit.

Boston- right now they are a much deeper team than the Heat.
Philly- same as Boston...much deeper.
Lakers- the Heat would have no answer at all for LA's front line/huge rebounding advantage for LA/way to much size...plus Kobe is always going to get his.
Thunder- deepest team in the league...better starting 5 than Miami...just flat out better at this time.
Spurs- probably the second deepest team in the league...great point guard of which Miami has none...Duncan playing tremendous right now...playing their best basketball.

Sorry Heat fans..........but the clock is officially ticking and they are not getting any younger. Soon, Wade will be old. Miami's best chance was last year; but Lebron choose not to be the man and instead to defer to everyone else. May haunt him the rest of his career.

Mickey71image

Comments

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 8 more championships that the Heat are going to win may be postponed....again! image

"NOT 1, NOT 2, NOT 3..."

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some players want to have the ball in crunch time [i.e. MJ, D Wade, Kobe] and they thrive on being the player who will have his hands on the ball at a time when the game is on the line. Whether this player hits the winning shot or not, they simply WANT THE BALL.

LeBron James has, thus far in his NBA career, demonstrated in crunch time that he is not such a player. He defers to others and wants someone else to take over when the game is on the line [good thing for LeBron that D Wade is on the Heat].

Maybe he will show a different side of himself this year and become a player who wants the ball, but as of yet LeBron James has not done so.

BTW. I did not see the game but saw on ESPN that the Pacers beat the Heat in Miami last night to take away home court advantage. Indiana has some talent and it would not surprise me to see them go up 3-1 in the series with two home wins in Indiana in the next two games.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miami will go to the finals. Both the Spurs and Thunder are better than Miami and one of those teams will also make the finals. The Heats chances would be better if they play OKC simply because they lack the experience of playing in the finals. The Spurs would win even if they did not have the best team because of superior coaching.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Miami does not win in Indiana on Sunday the Heat will likely lose the series to the Pacers in 5 or 6 games [very few teams have come back from a 3-1 deficit to win a 7 game series]. With Bosh out, D Wade playing hurt and no body in the middle who can defend the basket against the Pacers' big men things are looking grim for Miami.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    How about Bosh and Wade for Howard. Howard would have to sign an extension. The big three will be broken up at the end of this season.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    I'd say they have a chance!
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    This was scripted months ago... like the WWE. It's a billion dollar entertainment industry, nothing more.
  • Options

<< <i>This was scripted months ago... like the WWE. It's a billion dollar entertainment industry, nothing more. >>

Cleveland's crummy sports are really getting to you, man...
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    If you lived up here it would get to you too. image
  • Options
    NBA has been fixed for years

It'll all come out after Stern is gone
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭✭✭

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    TheCARDKidTheCARDKid Posts: 1,496
    Some of the calls in this series have been insane.

Like tonight, Derek Fisher's flagrant foul on Lebron when he drove at him?? Fisher hardly moved.

But the heat played great, Miller, Chalmers, Battier. Too much. Their non big 3 played much better than everyone expected.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Dear Sonic Fan,

You are not alone and I know *exactly* how you feel.

Sincerely,

Me
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts