Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

High Relief Kookaburra

Just arrived today
Positive BST Transactions with:
INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN

Comments

• Options
    Very Nice!!!
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    Picked up mine at the PO today as well. Nice looking coins for sure.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it.
    Nice packaging too.
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    Hmmm... 3+ months now and the 10,000 mintage still isn't sold out? I thought with the popularity of Kookaburra bullion coins that this collector coin would be a decent hit.

Maybe the fact that Perth Mint went back and started re-minting and issuing 199x dated 1 oz kookaburras miffed a lot of collectors who paid good money to secure those older dates on the secondary market?
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    I picked up a couple HR kooks early in the month, cost basis around $75. They're nice looking silver rounds.
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

I managed to score one directly from Perth before they changed their website to disallow N. American orders. It's one of the nicest coins I've seen in a long time. My granddaughter has it now. image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny