Home U.S. Coin Forum

Charmy's 2012 DENVER ANA SHOW REPORT w/lots of pics!!!

2»

Comments

• WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> On the account of not wanting to lose my rented Chrysler 300 down an embankment or risk getting stranded up in the mountains because of possible chain requirements I decided to turn back to Denver. >>

FYI, chain requirements are only for trucks and commercial vehicles, never for passenger cars. If it's THAT bad, they close the road. >>

Then that would be different than the rules in California and Nevada. There it's chains for passenger cars, trucks and commercial vehicles or snow tires for 4x4's first then chains for all then road closure. Passenger cars are the first vehicles to require chains.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the Brown Palace there's a display case with some early menus from the restaurant...one is from around 1910 and they list 15-18 different kinds of oysters including one kind that was $100/dozen (in 1910!!!).

The last time I ate in that restaurant, Crosby, Stills and Nash and part of their crew sat at several tables pulled together in the center of the room.

Wish I could have been there this time, nice report.
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long ago when I was in college in Colorado the college hoops team I played on played a game in Gunnison, Colorado (Western State College). Gunnison is surrounded by high mountains and after blizzards dump snow on the town the skies clear. At night the heat built up during the day radiates into the sky there being no cloud cover to keep the heat in. Cold air also drops to the surface since heat rises. Toss in a thick layer of freshly fallen snow on top of the prior snows which have built up and not melted. The result is that Gunnison has some of the coldest temps in the lower 48. After playing the game in Gunnison we left the gym and were met with a cold clear night and a brisk temp of around 30 degrees below zero.

That was the coldest weather I have ever been in.
  • pakasmompakasmom Posts: 1,920
    You might consider adding some script to your (very cool) caps so that the guys would wear them.

Maybe something like, "I buy my cents from" The Penny Lady?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file