Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1954 Topps hockey pack opening-- Toronto Expo.

Came across this video on the network54 board. They opened a 1954-55 Topps hockey pack at the recent Toronto Card Expo.

Toronto Expo

Comments

• Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Wow,that took lot of gutts but I would do the same thing.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    nice financial loss !!
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Unless they pulled PSA 10 HOFers out of it (and they didn't), that is such a crime to open.
  • Options
    That was pretty cool.....I was at the show, I wish I could have watched that live.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    No blue gloves? image
  • Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Unless they pulled PSA 10 HOFers out of it (and they didn't), that is such a crime to open. >>

Actually, you hear someone saying that it's a 5k pack. If that's right (that seems low to me, PSA has graded exactly zero of them), PSA 9 cards could get you there. Many of the cards in this set are $500+ in PSA 8. PSA 9s are almost impossible to find. Agree that he got smoked though, and I would have slabbed the thing instead.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    eh, why not? You only live once....rip away! Of course only if you can afford it.
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    The pack provided ZERO resistance! How could anyone determine a pack is unopened if all you have to do is touch a flap for a pack to open?
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The pack provided ZERO resistance! How could anyone determine a pack is unopened if all you have to do is touch a flap for a pack to open? >>

Agreed, I could see taking that risk on certain packs but not one that valuable.............some people love the rush I guess.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice comment about PSA at about the 2:25 mark... they deserved to get crapola.
  • Options

<< <i>Nice comment about PSA at about the 2:25 mark... they deserved to get crapola. >>

C'mon now. Don't get all butt hurt because everyone is not drinking the PSA kool-aid.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't get all butt hurt >>

NYCE! image

• Options
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Sweet rip