Home Sports Talk
Options

How interesting that the NHL and NBA playoffs have generated no recent threads.

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
On the Sports Talk Forum it is as if these two sets of playoffs simply do not exist.

Maybe some threads will be posted as the conference final series and the title series are played.

Comments

• Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭✭
    Geez, is there no die hard fans of any of the NBA/NHL teams in the playoffs around here? And wasn't there a 8 that beat a 1 in the NBA this year?

Trust me, if KY ever gets an NBA team, you can bet I'll be a hardcore fan! image Go Colonels! image
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sixers win over the Bulls should be an empty victory with Rose out. I think if you take the best player off of any of those teams they will lose.

It looks like a Heat vs. Spurs finals.......unless injuries pop up on them.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im quietly rooting for the Celtics but have zero stress about it, same with the Bruins when they were still in it.

Only way I would even bother watching them is if it was a deciding game for the Championship.
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When one is a lifetime N.Y. Rangers fan as I am, one learns to temper the enthusiasm while keeping an eye on the prize. With the Blueshirts having just de-CAP-itated Washington after their 2nd consecutive 7 game series (Senators dethroned previously), I can now hoot and holler as I expect them to burn through the Devils in 6.image

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The second round of the NBA playoffs is underway and the conference championship round of the NHL playoffs are underway.

With respect to these two leagues and their playoffs the Sports Talk forum is silent as a tomb.

Not even the cricketts are chirping.

BTW I doubt that the NBA will see a Lakers v. Clippers Western Conference Championship series in the next round. The Lakers received a 29 point blowout beat down at the hands of OKC. Wouldn't it be interesting to see the Clippers beat the Spurs and play in the Western Conference Championship with the Lakers sitting at home on the couch.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    feels like the whole Sports MB is quiet....no baseball debates, no Kentucky Derby "who do you like" talk....even the incredible EPL finish only generated a few posts.

The NHL playoffs are easy to explain away - Kings vs. Coyotes in the West, and two teams from the same 20 square mile area in the East - none with any fervent posters on these boards.

The NBA playoffs have been relatively lame so far...with the exception of the Grizz/Clips series, every series was a cakewalk with the expected winning team coming out on top. I'm not including the Lakers series as a "good series", even though it went 7...too many blowouts.
  • Options
    NHL fans are too busy watching these exciting playoffs.

We don't have time to post and chat about it. image