Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Busted a Topps run of '77-'84...

I opened two packs of each year from '77-'84. The card gods were definitely NOT on my side this time, as only the '78 had anything worth subbing. But it did yield a couple of nice ones:

I think they both have a legit shot at 10, corners are perfect. There was a really nice '78 Lou Brock Record Breaker too, but it was the wax card.

2.5 is pretty much my speed.

Comments

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Best of luck with the submission. Is that a spot on the white border to the right of Tim Jones' neck?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Best of luck with the submission. Is that a spot on the white border to the right of Tim Jones' neck? >>

Thanks, Doug. Luckily, it's not on the card. Must've been dust or something. Sorry for the crap phone pics, as usual. image
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharp cards! A PSA 10 Morris would more than pay for those packs!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • ToroToro Posts: 1,515
    and you put them in top loaders??
  • I'm lookin' to buy a Morris 10 if you pull it off. GOOD LUCK
    They're in sleeves and CS 1's now. That was just what I had at the time. Don't hate...
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the Hernandez is gem mint 10 material but the Morris does have a shot. Good luck!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    Grote, is there a slight tilt to Hernandez? Not sure if my eyes are playing with me or not...

• << <i>Grote, is there a slight tilt to Hernandez? Not sure if my eyes are playing with me or not... >>

Yes there is. Sharp card either way. More like a 9.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
    Bummer, you can't really see it in person. But then when I stare at the screen, I see it. Rats.
  • Mavl that Morris though is a blazer, hope it comes back Gem!!!

The reality is we've seen a lot worse tilts in 10's as far as the Hernandez goes.

Good Luck!!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭
    Hey Jarrod,

I hope you hit paydirt on that 1978 Morris. Maybe he'll get in the HOF this time and you will be poised for a big payoff. Good luck. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
    If I sent it in to PSA now, do you think it'll pop before the next HOF election?

• These are good years to bust. For the most part the cards are unattractive and there are still thousands upon thousands of unopened packs left to be opened. They're not all that rare.

Now those who open say 75 and earlier? That's a little different.