Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

PLEASE help me recreate my Mercury Dime set!!

Last summer at the June 2011 Heritage Long Beach sale, I sold my Mercury dime set. In response to requests, I subsequently removed many items from my inventory, but (out of ignorance) did not permanently entire my set into the "all time finest" list! I was very proud of that set, and although had to sell while still a few coins shy of complete (had a few by NGC) it was still in the top 15-20 all time finest sets, as I recall. I am trying to recreate that set, but have found PCGS totally unhelpful in that regard. They will not allow me to recreate the historical set, but suggested I try to re-add inventory items to my collection. Obviously this will be unsuccessful for those coins that others have entered into their sets.......and many of my best coins are now in that category (congrats to those who now have them!).

My only thought is to request that the current owners temporarily "release" those coins from their Registry sets to allow me to "temporarily" enter them in my Registry long enough to recreate my collection, then permanently retire it and return Registry to the current owners. I know I am hoping for the impossible, but that's the best I can do.....anyone who would be willing to temporarily release these coins, or anyone with any other suggestions would be appreciated!
RAD

Comments

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that sounds tough. I do not own any real "normal" date Mercs right now...I just have varieties at the moment. I did not buy any from that Heritage Long Beach Sale. Good luck!
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would agree, that sounds tough to do. Especially that you no longer own the coins. Might not be something you are able to do at all.
  • Options
    KozmanKozman Posts: 275 ✭✭
    Sounds like an impossible task. All I can tell you is that I was outbid on a couple of your mercs from the Heritage auction a while back and was not able to be an owner of any of your mercs. You can cross me off on your search list. I can remember that you had a really nice collection.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doing this would be like trying to change a tire on a car traveling 60 MPH!
  • Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, good lesson for all of us here. Hope you can do this but it sounds tough. Good luck!

Best Regards,

George
    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually one of the rules is you must own the coins you register so it would be a violation of the rules to even do it if it were possible.