Unopened Ebay seller : Stuauto

Does anyone know if he is legit?

Thanks,

Ddan

Comments

• Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    Go Big Blue!
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    DDaniel83DDaniel83 Posts: 203 ✭✭
    I'm glad we're both fans of the big red machine, the indiana hoosiers!
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Isn't this person a member of the boards?

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    If he is, I'd like to know... I'm interested in some of his stuff but I'm cautious of buying raw unopened on the bay from people I don't know. If someone can endorse him I'll be good to go
  • Options
    lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭
    This got me thinking. Has anyone ever bothered to keep a list of what they deemed trustorthy unopened sellers on ebay? So much stuff I'd like to try and pick up but won't because I'm really not comfortable in what to look for and it's kind of burned in my brain BBCEX or bust.

Bigger question might be if such a list exists would they share?

Thanks.

Scott
  • Options
    DCanfieldDCanfield Posts: 548

<< <i>If he is, I'd like to know... I'm interested in some of his stuff but I'm cautious of buying raw unopened on the bay from people I don't know. If someone can endorse him I'll be good to go >>

I'm with you 100% I would need some one to vouch for him. I try never to buy anything I can't personally hold and inspect for myself. Does he have a return policy that allows you enough time to determine authenticity? Always buy with a credit card so you can argue the charges if not as advertised. You are still better off finding out more about the seller first.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!' Mark Frost
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought some 79 OPC wax from him and packs were clean and definitely legit, though I doubt many would bother resealing packs worth $5 a pop in the first place, LOL....

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Seems like his ebay handle is something like hookem or hooken. I'm sorry I can't be more specific. He has some nice 81 Topps basketball for sale online if it's the same person.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    I've wondered before about this guy because he seems to continually take losses on his 80' basketball which makes me wonder....if your comfortable with taking a loss on a product is there a reason? Think I saw before that he gets his product via Steve so I wondered how he had room for profit. Not really any of my business but just want to buy from a credible source.
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have any recent dealings? He has some PSA graded cellos for sale on eBay now.
    Daniel
  • Options
    augustamanaugustaman Posts: 583 ✭✭
    Has he bought anything from bubblebathgirl in the past?
    Bill
    wpkoughan@yahoo.com
    Collecting 1970-1979 PSA 9 & 10 Baseball Cards
  • Options
    I have purchased from him in the past. I do not see any tampering in his packs. But I am not an expert at identifying that either. In any case, I bought some 81 or 82 basketball and turned up a miscut Julius Erving. Although I turned up a star card, the cards themselves in a single pack seemed to not be consistent in the cut throughout the pack. I am not sure of that year for Topps in terms of how they were packaged and what to expect, but it looked ok by me.
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    Is it the guy from the last episode of storage wars?
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This name seems incredibly familiar to me and I can't figure out why. This is going to bother me all day.
  • Options

<< <i>This name seems incredibly familiar to me and I can't figure out why. This is going to bother me all day. >>

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=885900
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is he is now selling PSA graded cellos. With recent goings on/stories on Net 54 with Pepis/Jose, I am a little spooked these days.
    Daniel
  • Options
    SethroSethro Posts: 671 ✭✭
    Here's my experience with Stuauto so far.

A few months back I bought a 78 cello from him. Almost right after that I read the thread that made it look like he possibly resealed cellos. I was concerned obviously, but figured I still wanted a TPG opinion.

About a month ago I put together a pack sub and while going through the packs I noticed the 78 cello I bought from Stuauto seemed a tiny bit looser than the other cellos. The top and bottom were fine, but the sides kind of puffed out a bit. Then while going through the other packs in the sub I noticed one other pack (from 79) with the same characteristics. I checked my eBay history and, yes, I bought it from Stuauto a few months before the 78.

So out of 15 packs, 13 were completely tight all around. Only two were loose on the sides. Coincidentally (?) both of those packs came from the same seller at two different times. I am not expecting those two packs to pass inspection.
    Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy