Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Odd "Green Label" PCGS slab with a label I have never seen before

2»

Comments

  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 47,782 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>I will take Conder101's word as final.... he is the prime expert on slabs. Cheers, RickO >>



    Conder101 was speculating/guessing. I was hoping David Hall or Don Willis would give us more definitive information.

    Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

  • Options
    ColonialCoinUnionColonialCoinUnion Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭


    << <i>

    << <i>I will take Conder101's word as final.... he is the prime expert on slabs. Cheers, RickO >>



    Conder101 was speculating/guessing. I was hoping David Hall or Don Willis would give us more definitive information. >>



    I think the fanatical collector / specialist / researcher in any field may know more of the minutiae than the people who actually work at the company.
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the fanatical collector / specialist / researcher in any field may know more of the minutiae than the people who actually work at the company.

    Well, that certainly is true of their interest level. image

    Gone but not forgotten: IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Ricko, Big Moose, Cardinal, CoinsAreFun.
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, just got a closeup of the logo from JK - looks like the real deal.

    I'll bet alot of you are relieved to hear that. image
    Gone but not forgotten: IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Ricko, Big Moose, Cardinal, CoinsAreFun.
  • Options
    Billet7Billet7 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭
    I would think it's real. Who in their right-mind would counterfeit a slab that isn't a duplicate of an existing slab. If you're trying to trick someone you're shooting for "as close as possible" (which isn't really very close sometimes) But in this case the manufacturers obviously were going for something different, usually only the legit company would do that, otherwise it's trying to fake something that doesn't exist in the first place.

    Then again, maybe that's the best way to trick someone! image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file