Home Sports Talk

Braves Just Won One Heck of a Game.

It was 4-0 Phillies in Bottom 4th when I got out of bed and turned on the TV , then 6-0 Phils. Braves scored 6 in top of 6th to tie game 6-6 capped by a McCann GrandSlam. Scored 2 more in 7th to make it 8-6. I took a shower and score was 9-8 Phils. Phils scored 3 more to make 12-8 as I was getting out of car to go into work. A friend just called and told me Chipper Jones hit a 2 run homer in the Bottom of 11th to win 15-13. It's about time they had lost the last 7 in a row to Philly.

Ron
Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.

Comments

• mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    Unbelievable game. The best baseball game I've seen in several years...actually I can't remember a better regular season game. Maybe the best I've ever seen. The back and forths, Halladay getting rocked. Thinking the game was over 4 times and then multiple unexpected comebacks. And for it to end in the 11th with a Chipper walk-off. Just wow.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Would have liked to have seen that. Very exciting game.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It was 4-0 Phillies in Bottom 4th when I got out of bed and turned on the TV , then 6-0 Phils. Braves scored 6 in top of 6th to tie game 6-6 capped by a McCann GrandSlam. Scored 2 more in 7th to make it 8-6. I took a shower and score was 9-8 Phils. Phils scored 3 more to make 12-8 as I was getting out of car to go into work. A friend just called and told me Chipper Jones hit a 2 run homer in the Bottom of 11th to win 15-13. It's about time they had lost the last 7 in a row to Philly.

Ron >>

Ron, after the Braves went up 8-6, the Phillies scored 3 in top of the 8th. Ruiz had been plunked hard earlier in the game and was obviously pissed off about it. He hit a 3 run bomb and gave a long stare and a slow walk around the bases. It felt like Ruiz' vindication was going to be the story of the game. That was the 7th while you were in the shower. In Ruiz next at bat, he hit a bases loaded triple, which put the Phils up 12-8. Ruiz had 7 RBI's at that point. And then.......the Phillies put in Jose Contreras for what I'm sure they thought was mop-up duty in the bottom of the 8th. LOL....
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • melvin289melvin289 Posts: 3,019

<< <i>

<< <i>It was 4-0 Phillies in Bottom 4th when I got out of bed and turned on the TV , then 6-0 Phils. Braves scored 6 in top of 6th to tie game 6-6 capped by a McCann GrandSlam. Scored 2 more in 7th to make it 8-6. I took a shower and score was 9-8 Phils. Phils scored 3 more to make 12-8 as I was getting out of car to go into work. A friend just called and told me Chipper Jones hit a 2 run homer in the Bottom of 11th to win 15-13. It's about time they had lost the last 7 in a row to Philly.

Ron >>

Ron, after the Braves went up 8-6, the Phillies scored 3 in top of the 8th. Ruiz had been plunked hard earlier in the game and was obviously pissed off about it. He hit a 3 run bomb and gave a long stare and a slow walk around the bases. It felt like Ruiz' vindication was going to be the story of the game. That was the 7th while you were in the shower. In Ruiz next at bat, he hit a bases loaded triple, which put the Phils up 12-8. Ruiz had 7 RBI's at that point. And then.......the Phillies put in Jose Contreras for what I'm sure they thought was mop-up duty in the bottom of the 8th. LOL.... >>

Thank you for the information, working night shift has its drawbacks.

Ron
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.