Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

What's your opinion on the 1968 Bazooka Mantle that sold on eBay last night?

It was a PSA 8 that went for $1061. Was this a great buy or not? What do you think?

Always looking for Mantle cards such as Stahl Meyer, 1954 Dan Dee, 1959 Bazooka, 1960 Post, 1952 Star Cal Decal, 1952 Tip Top Bread Labels, 1953-54 Briggs Meat, and other Topps, Bowman, and oddball Mantles.

Comments

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    David,

Looks like it sold for a price close to what the last one sold for in March. As you know I am a HUGE fan of THE MICK, but not sure if I like that card or not. One thing I know for sure ... I HATE the way that card looks in the PSA holder. They should have special holder like they have for some of the discs. However, the cost would probably be quite a bit for the mold and I don't think they grade many of those.

Did you win it?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    I love it.. love bazooka's in general but really love the 68's
  • judgebuckjudgebuck Posts: 989 ✭✭✭
    Doug,

No, I didn't win it. I was second high bidder. I think I was second high bidder back in March, too.

I like the card, but I agree that the holder is not good for the card.

David

Always looking for Mantle cards such as Stahl Meyer, 1954 Dan Dee, 1959 Bazooka, 1960 Post, 1952 Star Cal Decal, 1952 Tip Top Bread Labels, 1953-54 Briggs Meat, and other Topps, Bowman, and oddball Mantles.

• earlycalguyearlycalguy Posts: 1,247 ✭✭

2-3 years ago I sold 2 of them in the same grade for $2300 each range. holder does suck for that card. when I had it the card was moving all around -
  • judgebuckjudgebuck Posts: 989 ✭✭✭
    I finally picked one up last night in PSA 8. Been wanting this Mantle card for several years. PWCC was the seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400656229912?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Considering what 4_sharp_corners has listed its card of the same grade at, I feel like I got a little bit of a bargain.

P.S. I started this thread a couple of years ago.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way to go! Patience is usually rewarded.

I am amazed at how tough the Bazooka stuff is to find!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    David ... glad to see that you finally have one in your collection. ENJOY!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Admire your patience and determination.