Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Turn-around times updated.

50 work days for an Economy World submission. 30 for Regular.

Simon is not impressed.

Comments

• Options
    mnemtsas2mnemtsas2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭
    Well, the extra fee for compulsory Secure Plus seems to have had zero effect on the service times. My last regular submission was received on 2 April and was mailed on 23 April. Considerably faster than 30 working days.
    Successful trades with Syracusian, DeiGratia, LordM, WWW, theboz11, CCC2010, Hyperion, ajaan, wybrit, Dennis88 and many others.
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, the extra fee for compulsory Secure Plus seems to have had zero effect on the service times. My last regular submission was received on 2 April and was mailed on 23 April. Considerably faster than 30 working days. >>

My regular submission was entered on the 13th. Would be nice to have it back in another week or so. The estimates are rather ridiculous, though.
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is the one gripe I have with our hosts too - I fail to understand the excessive turn times, and nor do I get the price structure for the now forced upon Sec.Plus features that make most just run ATS!!

Fine granted I like my coins in PCGS and secure plus is a cool service - and yes they do sell well - solid value add on - fine - but that IMHO works fine for better US and World coins (over $500..) not your average layman's newp.

I also have a small regular shipment that I thought 30 biz days is excessive and realized 2 weeks ago the noted 50 biz days now...whatever!
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect there is a relative lack of interest in "low value" coins, with evidently enough business to discourage these to some degree. I concur, a bit unfortunate. I have also seen a number of coins, not mine, that would rightly demand a reevaluation or assessment as they appear to be off by two or more points. Who would send them in at such prices however?

Like you I have loyally submitted my coins but some of the policies run the chance of disaffection unfortunately.
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    jt88jt88 Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I submitted notes to PMG last December and it is not back yet. It is almost 6 months now.
  • Options
    mudskippiemudskippie Posts: 540 ✭✭

<< <i>I submitted notes to PMG last December and it is not back yet. It is almost 6 months now. >>

Really? Did you give them a call?
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be a backlog of collectors submitting dragon coins under the current Collectors Club special!!! image

But 50 business days is just too much... wonder if it would be faster to mail your coins to the Paris or Hong Kong offices for grading???
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another Simon thumbs DOWN goes for the NOT being able any longer to cross NGC holders to PCGS.

Yes I mean simply by handing them over like one was able to - in times past - instead of presently needing to crack them out, needing 31 stitches in the process, gambling that it will grade altogether at like grade if not lower, besides the new monetary cost of doing this, and co-pay for the stitches.

Yet, I still like PCGS - I must be a nerd!image
  • Options
    jt88jt88 Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I submitted notes to PMG last December and it is not back yet. It is almost 6 months now. >>

Really? Did you give them a call? >>

Yes. No, I did not call them. The previous submit ion was about 4 months for 32 notes.