Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Small submission to PCGS going out this week...

Hi Guys-

I am sending out these 8 coins to PCGS in the next few days..

I took the time to photograph (the best I can) & make a post.

I will update when I recieve the grades back.

I will be sending out a submission to NGC next week - Will post that lot too.

You may have seen a few of the coins I'm submitting...

1. 1787 New Jersey LC - Contemporary reverse scratches. Was in NGC XF details:Scratches (cracked out). I think this coin is AU details - It is really nice in hand. Secure genuine.

2. 1787 New Jersey LC - Die clashing - I'm looking for a numerical grade, Looks problem-free to me.

3. Hupeh China $1 - Reverse Chops - going secure genuine. Nice looking coin.

4. 1787 Fugio "States United" LC - Corroded - Secure genuine.

5. Anglo-Saxon Cnut Penny - London Mint - spot of corrosion & struck through - Secure genuine

6. 1670 Denmark Double (2) Ducat gold - bent & possible tooling - Secure genuine.

7. 1787 New Jersey LC - Pattern Shield - Bent - Secure genuine. I am going to request the reverse to be on the lable side of the holder - Hopefully PCGS can do that.

8. 1871 Japan 5 Sen - Looking for UNC - problem free nice coin.

Comments

• Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Candy - an FYI.

You will have to send those coins in on different submission forms. PCGS has different rates for US Colonials ($50/$65) and pre-1955 World coins ($30/$45).

And a question: Why submit the damaged coins? Do you question their authenticity?

#5 PCGS may not offer service.
    Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options

<< <i>Hey Candy - an FYI.

You will have to send those coins in on different submission forms. PCGS has different rates for US Colonials ($50/$65) and pre-1955 World coins ($30/$45).

And a question: Why submit the damaged coins? Do you question their authenticity?

#5 PCGS may not offer service. >>

I like the PCGS secure Holder and it greatly increases the value of raw (even damaged) coins.

They are worth a lot more than I paid when they are slabbed...even the ones that are damaged.

I do not question the authenticity of any of these coins, however they are a lot easier to sell in a slab.

And about #5 - I did see some of these types of anglo saxon silver coins slabbed by pcgs... A forum member posted his not so long ago - I also saw one listed on ebay a few months ago in a pcgs holder..

-Kev