Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1981 Topps Valenzuela New Scan Gradeing Opinion

Comments

• firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    psa 8 and psa 9 but scans are not that great.. centering and tilts
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    If corners are perfect on both, I could see 9s on a good day. If not, at least 8s.
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • jrbolesjrboles Posts: 566 ✭✭
    This is kind of off topic, but I met Jack Perconte's niece at a church fund raiser last year. She is also Frank Perconte's granddaughter. Frank being a member of Easy Company profiled in "Band of Brothers". Frank was something of the comic relief in the mini-series and she had a ton of great stories. At 94 he is recently widowed, but doing well in Joliet.

I mentioned that Jack was on the Fernando Rookie card to which she mentioned the third of the trio - Mike Sciosia - wrote the foreword to Jack's recent book on hitting.

Back to yer post, I hope they grade well.
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    8, 8
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This is kind of off topic, but I met Jack Perconte's niece at a church fund raiser last year. She is also Frank Perconte's granddaughter. Frank being a member of Easy Company profiled in "Band of Brothers". Frank was something of the comic relief in the mini-series and she had a ton of great stories. At 94 he is recently widowed, but doing well in Joliet.

I mentioned that Jack was on the Fernando Rookie card to which she mentioned the third of the trio - Mike Sciosia - wrote the foreword to Jack's recent book on hitting.

Back to yer post, I hope they grade well. >>

That is cool
    Loved that series and love talking to WWII vets
    Interesting connection
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    8, 8

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06