Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Heritage CICF NEWPs - Gold!

Hi all,
I wanted to share a few newps from this past week's Heritage CICF auction. I was underwhelmed at their selection of ancient coins so I decided I would venture into older world gold. Before this, I only had a 1422-7 Henry VI Noble but now I think I can thoroughly consider myself to be a world gold collector image I lost a few lots which I hoped to win, but in retrospect, I prefer these coins anyway.

A note to Heritage - they had some issues getting the auction catalogs out but I luckily went and picked one up at the event. If I hadn't, I would have only bid on one of these coins. Heritage is great if you know what you're looking for, but if you want to browse around, auction catalogs are the best way to do it.

James VI gold Sword & Sceptre 1602, S-5460, KM20 - NGC VF35 - There was one of a higher grade available in this auction as well but I much prefer the look of this piece. I went to the lot viewing in an attempt to convince myself otherwise but could not. It's a bit smaller than a US half dollar.

Felipe V gold 8 Escudos 1723-J Seville, KM315 - ANACS AU53, with a strikethrough on the obverse fields - This is about the size of a US silver dollar. I was willing to go much higher for this - it's an incredibly well designed coin. It's about 27grams with .9170 fineness, with a total of 0.798oz of gold

Charles VI gold Ecu d'Or ND (1380-1422), Fr-291 - NGC MS62 - This is also about the size of a US half dollar. It's very thin but a beautiful coin nonetheless.

Joao V gold 20000 Reis 1725M, KM117 - NGC AU55 - This is my favorite. It is a massive coin - 53.78g, with 1.58oz of pure gold.

Thanks for looking!
Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection

Comments

• Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tres bien! Muy bueno!

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What an awesome die clash on that 8 Escudos!!!

• Options
    DeiGratiaDeiGratia Posts: 273 ✭✭✭
    OH WOW THAT ESCUDO IS SUPER SEXY

Seriously

SEXY

OMG

• Options
    HoledandCreativeHoledandCreative Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great looking pieces, except maybe for the French piece. Probably because I can't read much of anything on it.

The way I see them - 35,50,55,62.
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    Nice group of coins, congrats.
  • Options
    SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone! I've updated the first post with their grades/respective services:

James VI gold Sword & Sceptre 1602, S-5460, KM20 - NGC VF35
    Felipe V gold 8 Escudos 1723-J Seville, KM315 - ANACS AU53
    Charles VI gold Ecu d'Or ND (1380-1422), Fr-291 - NGC MS62
    Joao V gold 20000 Reis 1725M, KM117 - NGC AU55
    Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CONGRATS!
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Joao V gold 20000 Reis 1725M, KM117 - NGC AU55 - This is my favorite. It is a massive coin - 53.78g, with 1.58oz of pure gold.

Thanks for looking! >>

So this is what the famous dobrao looks like! You've answered a question that I had for decades, but always forgot about it, when the answer was near. Thank you and congrats on an excellent selection!
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3