Home Precious Metals

Is the Market Due for a Correction?

19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
Both Silver and Gold price fluctuations remind me of late 2008 when stock prices would go down more than they went up.

It used to be in the old days that as stocks dropped in price, PM's would go up. Today it seems as if when stocks go down, so do PM's.

Have PM's stopped being the "currency of the future" and settled into being nothing more than another commodity?
I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,186 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Both Silver and Gold price fluctuations remind me of late 2008 when stock prices would go down more than they went up.

It used to be in the old days that as stocks dropped in price, PM's would go up. Today it seems as if when stocks go down, so do PM's.

Have PM's stopped being the "currency of the future" and settled into being nothing more than another commodity? >>

While PM movement still generally shows a direct relationship with equities, they are moving in the opposite direction of dollar. Keeping a close eye on what is being done to strengthen or weaken the dollar is paramount to understanding the future price movement of PMs. At least for now, subject to change.

Currencies are traded as commodities so I guess you could say the same for PMs. Guess it boils down to whether you are trading or stacking.

Why you should be stacking - the fundamentals

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar