Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Sports Collectors Daily Graded Cross to PSA?

Hi, I'd like to cross an old red flip Sports Collectors Daily graded card. Do i need to crack this out or can i send it to PSA as is? I don't have a minimum grade, i'd like to just get it in a PSA label?

Does anyone know how to crack these out safely if i have to?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    A drimmel and a flathead screwdriver are handy tools to own.
  • Options
    shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    any options which don't have me buying a $75 dremel?

so i guess i can't just send it in straight in the SCD case and make them deal with it?
  • Options
    CounselorCounselor Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭
    Yes send to PSA in the SCD holder, as a crossover submission, and they will crack out for you.
  • Options
    shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    nice, thanks guys
  • Options
    A dremmel doesn't cost $75. You don't need all the tools and attachments. The one you need is around $30 new at Wal-Mart. It is a decent tool to own - don't discount it.
  • Options
    scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    Also, crackouts aren't that hard. I use a very small flathead to get some separation, then switch to a larger one to split the slab. Good luck!
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • Options
    pclpadspclpads Posts: 457 ✭✭

<< <i>Also, crackouts aren't that hard. I use a very small flathead to get some separation, then switch to a larger one to split the slab. Good luck! >>

+1 Start at the top - never along the sides. Wear gloves in case the screwdriver slips. Or first, nip off the two top corners with wire cutters or lineman's pliers, then start working the sd into the separation.
  • Options
    I used to just use a screwdriver until I slipped one day and the screwdriver flew into the case and damaged a 1964 Topps Mantle!! After that, I decided to learn a new method....lol.....
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Stop.

Hammer time.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    Crack a top corner off with pliers, then a small flathead from there. Worst case, you damage the flip. Have probably cracked 250 cards without incident through the years this way.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    RipkenRipken Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    Just to clarify ...SCD grading refers to Sports Collectors Digest, which once had a grading division.

Sports Collectors Daily is an online news website and not affiliated with "SCD" at all.