Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Wisconsin Extra Leaf Quarters

The high & low leaf quarters are shown in the PCGS Pops. & CoinFacts as what appears to have an additional variety for each. Ref#: 25FS-5901 & 25FS-5902; PCGS #s: 508202 & 508201. Please explain what these coins are. Many Thanks.
Specialized Investments

Comments

• Options
    crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623
    PCGS does that for major varieties, what you have is two type of holders not two different varieties like a 2nd leaf high. One holder is the normal submitter fee which would say extra leaf high and if you pay for variety attribution it would say FS-XXX
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    Crypto is correct.

Since both coins are in the CPG, the first number you reference (FS-5901 & FS-5902) is the CPG Number which submitters can obtain to get that attribution included on the slab label by paying the $24 attribution fee. Why folks would do this is beyond my rational other than the fact that they just do not know any better and........well, I can't get into that.

The second number is simply the PCGS coin number which is what appears on the slab label should you decide NOT to pay the extra $24 for the FS Number.

One label will state WI Extra Leaf High while the other will state WI Extra Leaf High with FS-5901 on a second line.

The same scenario is true for the Accented Hair Kennedy, 1972/72 DDO Lincoln, and all the other "Red Book" varieties which also exist in the CPG.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    raycycaraycyca Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭
    JUNK to me! Just my opinion. Don't have any that I know of and never will.
    You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,298 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>JUNK to me! Just my opinion. Don't have any that I know of and never will. >>

Maybe, Ray, but some of us like them. I have 1 of each...purchased raw and now graded, and I like them.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>PCGS does that for major varieties, what you have is two type of holders not two different varieties like a 2nd leaf high. One holder is the normal submitter fee which would say extra leaf high and if you pay for variety attribution it would say FS-XXX >>

this is the explanation you seek

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    HIGHLOWLEAVESHIGHLOWLEAVES Posts: 781 ✭✭✭
    I thank everyone for your replies. I now understand what PCGS is doing. Mark.
    Specialized Investments
  • Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
    Not "JUNK" to me. I really like the high/low leaf quarters and believe someday they will be recognized as two of the all-time great variety coins.
  • Options
    taxbuster1040taxbuster1040 Posts: 343 ✭✭✭
    I own several, and expect to see these trade like the 1955 and 1972 double dies some day. They have a great story and are visually intersting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file