Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1981 Topps Gradeing Opinions Added 4 more

Does anybody think these have a shot at a 9? These are a POP of 1, 2, & 3 in a 9

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/36/scan0008ff.jpg/]image[/URL]

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/684/scan0009lg.jpg/]image[/URL]

Comments

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    I think the Victor Cruz has the best shot at a 9 and the Hector Cruz looks the least likely to get a 9 to me. JMHO.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    I would say no on the Cruz. Poor centering combined with many print smudges. Not sure for the rest
    Scoreboard Malfunction
  • Options
    Hector Cruz that is, didn't realize that there was two Cruzes
    Scoreboard Malfunction
  • Options
    I agree; no on Hector, but the other 3 have a shot based on the scans.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Victor Cruz is definitely the best of the lot, and the only one with a good shot at a 9..

This set is even tougher and more underrated than the 79 set, imo,

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    i agree with the others, Victor is the one to send in (if yo umust send one in)

are these from that 3-box rack that you said you were going to be opening? any Youngbloods worth a look?
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    SmokieSmokie Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    Yes they are from the 3 rack box I broke open I still have 2 more to go I have alot more I'm sending in but these are the lowest pop I'll scan a few more and get your opinions. If I get a Youngblood worth scaning I scan one.
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Victor Cruz is a slam dunk 9 .I would say 8 at best for the Evans and Ayala,Forget the other Cruz.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Victor Cruz has the best chance
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    I like the Victor Cruz.

I sent in 5 1981's last time and no 9's
    Three 8's and two 8.5's

Joe
  • Options
    Im amazed at how easy it is to grade cards from just a simple scan. I guess the back of the card don't count?

Im thinking 7, 8 on all of them, beings scans always seem to make cards look better than they really are in hand.

But Hey! there is hope! You may get the new hire fresh from his Empoyee Orientation on how to be a "Proffesional grader"

He may give you 10's LOL

John

All American Hobbies Online Store
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    +1 for Victor. I wouldn't send in the others based on the scans unless they looked similar to your last Ayala 9.

Where did you pick up the 81 boxes? How is the coallation on them? I purchased one a few weeks ago and it was a self-made box of 81 packs in an 85 box. Not much star power (No Ryan, Henderson, or Valenzuela's). I did have 4 very OC Gibsons.

I hope your box is 'untouched'. Good luck. Post more scans of what you're planning to submit. I've got some 81s at PSA now.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06