Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Making sales history private on ebay?

jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
More than how, I wonder why, people make sales history private. Until recently I thought it was to hide something, but lately
it seems more and more are doing it. I have never even seen a category or selection box when selling to even do so. I would
think sales history would complement your sales rather than hinder them. What is your opinions?
Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain

Comments

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it does not bode well with me

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not even know it was available to view.
  • Options
    COALPORTERCOALPORTER Posts: 2,900 ✭✭
    Mostly dealers that buy under an alt user name.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to make sales history on eBay public. Then I could actually pay taxes instead of borrowing from the bank every time there is a walk in customer selling, while demanding the price they saw on eBay for the same coin. They failed to mention the same coin for $8,000 was in an MS 66 holder and theirs is in a coffee can with rusty nails.

In another thread we spoke about snowflakes.
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I would like to make sales history on eBay public. Then I could actually pay taxes instead of borrowing from the bank every time there is a walk in customer selling, while demanding the price they saw on eBay for the same coin. They failed to mention the same coin for $8,000 was in an MS 66 holder and theirs is in a coffee can with rusty nails.

In another thread we spoke about snowflakes. >>

Snowflake Coins & Stamps
  • Options
    thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>More than how, I wonder why, people make sales history private. Until recently I thought it was to hide something, but lately
    it seems more and more are doing it. I have never even seen a category or selection box when selling to even do so. I would
    think sales history would complement your sales rather than hinder them. What is your opinions?
    Jim >>

I tried to look up the rules about doing that a couple years ago but it was unclear to me at the time. If I remember right, only people who sell, but not buy on eBay are allowed to do that, so I passed on it since I'm a buyer a lot more often than I'm a seller.
    I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file