Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Comments

• Options
    Wow, great story.

It's about time we see a player put their foot down on the promoters!
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Awesome story! JS has done yeoman's (see how I snuck that in) work for many here and never ceases to amaze! Kudos!!!

BTW, as an aside, if anyone can manage to get Mariano Rivera to sign his 1992 Bowman rookie, I'll gladly reimburse expenses (not airfare, for heaven's sake) and provide an extra Bowman rookie for you to get signed. I always had luck with him signing, but NEVER ever get my Bowmans back. Now, he appears to have virtually stopped TTM and I'm 0-6 on Bowmans, but still have a few more left to put at risk if anyone can help me out...
  • Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    John is definitely one of the best! He's always willing to help a fellow collector out and has helped me time and time again with signings. image
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    This is really a great story, in all sincerety, thanks for sharing this. What your doing for you three friends, is very cool.

John has helped me out on multiple occasions, and won't so much as take a dime from me for it. On one occasion, he got me multiple autographs at the Sun Times show. I wrote a check for more than what the Auto's would cost, just so he could by a 12 pack of beer on me or something. He sent me the overage back with my cards. Sometimes, telling people thank-you for what they do for you, seems almost not strong enough action. Helping strangers out like he has, is really a great thing. image
  • Options
    pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    John is one of the real good guys on this forum. What you did for the instructors was awesome as well. Glad to see people caring about others. Hope the instructors LOVE the pics!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    BasherBoyBasherBoy Posts: 510 ✭✭
    great story image
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    Really great story and gesture!!

Way to go Sweiton and Suh!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    I am glad to hear that you were happy with how your photo's turned out. Even though I am a Bears fan it was a pleasure to meet Suh. He really seemed to appreciate the fans that had come out to see him and get his autograph. I would love to see a pic of one of the photos once you get them framed.
  • Options

<< <i>I am glad to hear that you were happy with how your photo's turned out. Even though I am a Bears fan it was a pleasure to meet Suh. He really seemed to appreciate the fans that had come out to see him and get his autograph. I would love to see a pic of one of the photos once you get them framed. >>

Will do! I shall post some next week when they come in!

Meatloaf
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    What a great board member. I always have liked him. ALways liked his pics of his 80s stash of wax before he got into autographs.

Thanks for posting.
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **