Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA SMR Price Guide

Does anyone know how PSA calculates what the PSA graded cards are worth? I have noticed most PSA 10's, at least from the 70's and 80's are damn near impossible to find at the price the SMR Price Guide claims they are worth

Example is the 1983 Topps Gwynn and Boggs. Been looking for a PSA 10 of each and on Ebay it is nowhere near the prices on the psa web site. Boggs for $210? Yah right...
The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
TheClockworkAngelCollection

Comments

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    They, like Beckett, use the WAG method...

Wild azzed guess!
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    It goes along with the point method in the sets. There are some cards out there that are commons, but are darn near impossible to get in high grade. Yet, the weights will say 1.0. Personally, I'd love to see PSA poll the members of each set (only the ones with 75% or better) and ask them their opinions on that set. Cards that go for considerably more/less than SMR, cards that should be raised/lowered in weightings, that sort of thing. I know that a number of collectors would be glad to help out in that regard.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.