Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Bo bikes Bama with Griffey Jr and Picabo Street

Bo Jackson biked across Alabama to raise money for Tornado relief. The ride ended today in Tuscaloosa and I was able to attend with my daughter. Also picked up a couple of items in the silent auction. However Bo wouldnt sign any cards and Griffey wouldnt sign anything. I did get to give a Bo Jackson Memphis chicks card to his daughter and she was shocked at how young he looked on the card. Bo is a great guy and really impressed me with this genorous action.

Comments

• Options
    cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭
    Awesome. That looked like it was alot of fun. Bo looks like he is still in good shape.

I read somewhere the other day that Bo Jackson ran the fastest 40 ever recorded.......4.1 seconds. I wasn't there obviously but that is crazy if it is accurate.

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Great stuff, Looks like a good time. How many days did this ride take place? Where did they start? Heard on the news they went from Bessemer to Tuscaloosa.
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Started in North East Alabama on Monday and ended in Tuscaloosa. I believe it was over 300 miles riding. Griffey said he was worn out. Bo
  • Options
    The bike route went in front of my mother house tuesday. She kept my little girl that day just so she could see all the bikes go by. I got to be at the kick off in Henagar, AL. Lots of respect for Mr. Jackson.
    Scoreboard Malfunction
  • Options
    Great cause, Bo is still in great shape. He was on ESPN several weeks ago talking about this event and his career. Glad I caught that to watch.

Glad you guys had a great time. Hope he raised a lot of money.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    Rasied over 420,000 as of today before the silent auction. There will be a special on ESPN on May 6.
  • Options
    Really neat shoes...they have the date of the ride on the shoestrings and Bo's picture on the insole.
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Junior actually made the 300 miles? Good for him. No doubt he took a long nap afterwards.

Sounds like a great event for a good cause.

• Options
    Jr joked about making the whole ride but admitted he rode in the car for parts.
  • Options

<< <i>Jr joked about making the whole ride but admitted he rode in the car for parts. >>

That's funny. I love Griffey, but brings back not so long ago memories of reports of napping in the clubhouse.

Looks like you guys had a blast, and that's a nice chunk of money raised for a really important cause.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Griffey looks like he could play linebacker.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    I wanted to ride but was already committed to the MS150. Great cause and Bo is good people!

Thanks for sharing.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    I'm definitely putting that on my bucket list. I'm sure he could bike in many different places and raise that kind of money.
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wanted to ride but was already committed to the MS150. >>

Great work there, Barry. Well done. Enjoyed the pics.

• Options
    They're auctioning some pretty sweet items.

Linky

Just do it.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>They're auctioning some pretty sweet items.

Linky

Just do it.

image >>

Bump for a good cause, only 5 hours left.

Even something for the NASCAR fan at $75 -> Bobby Allison?

<< <i>Package Includes: [1] Autographed 1983 Winston Cup Champion Hat, [2] Autographed Bobby Allison 2011 NASCAR Hall of Fame Inductee T-Shirt, [3] Autographed 8.5 x 11 Print, [4] Autographed "A Racer's Racer" by Bobby Allison Book, and [5] Mini Replica 1969 Dodge Daytona. >>