Home Precious Metals
Options

This used to be a weekly topic...

cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
What happened? Not gloomy enough anymore?

Banking regulators shutter five banks across U.S.
Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think most of us have since moved to credit unions and now sleep better.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    Weiss took a sabbatical.image
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bank with a few different people. I look every Friday at 4:01pm night to see if I have a long weekend ahead of me. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Weiss took a sabbatical.image >>

Now that you mention it that was Weiss's duty! MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are bigger fish to fry these days. The "health" of our banking system is now irrevocably tied to our top 5-6 banks. As the FDIC makes deals and supervises the take over
    of failing smaller banks it doesn't change all that much. The FDIC picks up more liabilities that are ultimately passed along to tax payers. None of that will come to a head until
    one of the big boyz goes down in a heap. The FDIC could shutter another 500 banks tomorrow and it probably wouldn't matter. It's all about semantics anyways as there
    are probably >1,000 banks they could/should close tomorrow but won't. Perception matters. The banks they are closing this year probably should have been closed a couple years
    ago. Same basic reason the big banks held back on foreclosures for so long....way too many to handle all at once. But again, it's about MOPE.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What happened? Not gloomy enough anymore?

Banking regulators shutter five banks across U.S. >>

to depressing image