Home Stamps Forum
Options

Is there any market these days for FDC's.......

DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭
........Primarily from the 1970's, but also a few from the 50's, 60's, 80's, & 90's?

My main focus has always been on coins, but I dabbled in stamps & FDC's maybe 40+ years ago. But they have little appeal to me now, so I'd like to see if I could get anything for them to put towards coins......

Has their market dried up?

- - Dave image

Comments

• Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to say the FDC from that era are a 10¢ a dozen. Any 'hand art' covers are worth more than the printed covers. Plate block covers with serial numbers attached vs single stamps still sell well and any unique coil stamps with lines, etc. still command a premium. Early Airmail FDC seemed to hold the most value through this down cycle...however, it looks bleak for the average collector.

I have about 1000 FDC going all the way back to the 30's invested a few hundred dollars collecting them and now that's about all they are worth. Take up a lot of space, impressive but almost worthless now. Maybe my Grand kids will find them interesting one day.

Good luck...
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭
    Heck... at this point, I'd almost sell them at face,, with a few exceptions...............image
  • Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Do you have a e-bay account?

If so, list about 10 ea. as a group with a BIN $9.99 (salt each group with 1 good cover to peak interest)
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen