Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Here is the start to my grading order - Thoughts please!

I have (very) slowly been putting cards to the side, some times only one or two at a time to eventually get graded.

Please let me know your thoughts on these cards.

Comments

• Options
    Worth grading IMO, just know your going to get some OC's..
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭
    Love the Bench's Sean.

Are you grading to keep or sell?

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    Would it be more beneficial to take the qualifier or request just straight number grades?

Will the Benches/Yaz have shots at straight 7's?
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    '67 Yaz looks narrow while the '70 might eek out a PSA 8. Elway may get a PSA 8 or MISCUT rejection. Bench's appear to be a straight PSA 6 or PSA 8 OC. Be careful on the SB Griffey - lot's of knockoffs on that one. Easy to tell in hand, tough from a front scan. McCovey looks solid although can't really tell about the lower right from the scan. But then again, what do I know...
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Griffey 8.5
    Elway 8.5
    69 Bench 6
    70 Bench 6
    McCovey 8
    70 Yaz 8
    67 Yaz 6

IMO
  • Options
    How many of these were cracked out of USA holders or other knock off grading companies?
    Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That 67 Mccovey looks great. Easy 8 IMO
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    8, 7
    6, EOT
    EOT, EOT
    EOT
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options

<< <i>Would it be more beneficial to take the qualifier or request just straight number grades?

Will the Benches/Yaz have shots at straight 7's? >>

Whenever I have submitted in the past I have written "no qualifiers" on the submission form. I would rather have a straight grade then one with a qualifier.
  • Options
    arexarex Posts: 999

<< <i>8, 7
    6, EOT
    EOT, EOT
    EOT >>

Understand I am not being a smartypants, but how can you say EOT from a scan? What do you look for to give you the idea that the card has been trimmed?
  • Options
    I know board members want to help and offer their assement of the cards, but without the card in hand to inspect the card surface and other aspects
    of the cards that simply cannot be seen in scans or photos it's really not possible to offer much more than a guess. Better scans of cards not in holders
    could offer a bit more insight as well as scans of the card backs, but again, nobody can accurately grade cards from scans. Its really pointless.

Sometimes I think the whole TPG thing has made card collectors kind of stupid. A card with the o/c qualifier is banished to hell by them, but yet, the same card a grade lower without the o/c is now more acceptable? Its the SAME CARD People! Ive always felt that o/c qualifier is really unnecessary. Its the one aspect of any card that can be plainly seen on ANY card. O/C is in the eye of the beholder. Nobody is going to missing the o/c on the Bench cards.
    Cards look pretty decent.

Just my two cents.

John
    All American Hobbies Online Store
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Understand I am not being a smartypants, but how can you say EOT from a scan? What do you look for to give you the idea that the card has been trimmed? >>

The right hand borders on the two 1970s and the 1967 Yaz look "thin" to me.

It's just an eyeball thing and a hunch. Maybe it's just my imagination.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    I'd say you've got a handful of 7's and maybe an 8 on the Elway. Even if the corners are strong on the Bench cards, centering will get you. Good luck, Sean.
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    The Bench & Yaz cards will give you 7s if you are looking at straight grades.Elway seems to be a miscut,Griffey 8,McCovey 8.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)