Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1952 Topps Hoyt Wilhelm signed sells for a strong $1300 even with back damage

one of the keys to the HOF signed rookie collections sold for a strong price tonight

Mike
Buying US Presidential autographs

Comments

• thanks for showing that, I didn't even see it! The condition is pretty rough. I'm def. looking forward to seeing what it closes at. ,
    Dan
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    and get a few laughs!
  • vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    doopty doopty doo... nothing to see here.
  • i still need that non-signed, in a PSA jacket
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    Post pad with nothing to add

....except for an edit image
  • It is a great place and I will show you all of that soon enough, trust me....
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Autos4AlexAutos4Alex Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    Well my bid was too low. Hopefully the strong prices bring out some more (nicer) examples.
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well my bid was too low. Hopefully the strong prices bring out some more (nicer) examples. >>

Alex,

I know Jason from Oklahoma was going after it, he probably got it. I"ll check with him tomorrow.

Mike
  • thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    The forum was fun, then you added your beads treatise, and well...it's gone to hell in a handbasket ever since...

<< <i>The forum was fun, then you added your beads treatise, and well...it's gone to hell in a handbasket ever since... >>

LOL. That one should have gotten me in the CU HOF
  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm 0-10 in this thread, there have been 10 posts and I have understood absolutely none of them.
    I don't know about fun, but this can sure be a confusing place to spend time.
    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    << The forum was fun, then you added your beads treatise, and well...it's gone to hell in a handbasket ever since... >>

lol
    Good for you.
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    i don't want to sound like an imbasol, but who is Mike Navarro?

<< <i>I'm 0-10 in this thread, there have been 10 posts and I have understood absolutely none of them.
    I don't know about fun, but this can sure be a confusing place to spend time. >>

My thread was originally about a 1952 Hoyt Wilhelm autographed card that was ending on ebay tonight. Once it got out of my limited bidding reach, I was alerting other signed rookie card collectors that it was being sold as it's very tough to find (not my card, LELAND's auction house). One of the guys made a post about "outing" an auction and in respect to him, I edited it out and changed the subject and content. Card ended up selling for $1300 for a beater with severe back remnants from prior scrapbooking. A strong price for a tough card.

The beads jokes are about a lack of judgement I had a couple years ago in a post. I neglected to remember that you didn't have to be an adult to register with a username on these forums and that you didn't even have to have a username to view, and I posted a treatise that I shouldn't have posted. It was meant to help some adults in a situation, and wasn't meant for children or for repressive adults. We had some that got offended because evidently here, we can post suggestive photos, threaten each other with bodily harm, talk about fraud and crime, violent video games, body parts, sexual innuendos, etc, but a little sex ed is forbidden.

Mike

<< <i>i don't want to sound like an imbasol, but who is Mike Navarro? >>

A short, ugly, fat, good natured leprechaun with a mean 3 pointer

• << <i>

<< <i>I'm 0-10 in this thread, there have been 10 posts and I have understood absolutely none of them.
    I don't know about fun, but this can sure be a confusing place to spend time. >>

My thread was originally about a 1952 Hoyt Wilhelm autographed card that was ending on ebay tonight. Once it got out of my limited bidding reach, I was alerting other signed rookie card collectors that it was being sold as it's very tough to find (not my card, LELAND's auction house). One of the guys made a post about "outing" an auction and in respect to him, I edited it out and changed the subject and content. Card ended up selling for $1300 for a beater with severe back remnants from prior scrapbooking. A strong price for a tough card.

The beads jokes are about a lack of judgement I had a couple years ago in a post. I neglected to remember that you didn't have to be an adult to register with a username on these forums and that you didn't even have to have a username to view, and I posted a treatise that I shouldn't have posted. It was meant to help some adults in a situation, and wasn't meant for children or for repressive adults. We had some that got offended because evidently here, we can post suggestive photos, threaten each other with bodily harm, talk about fraud and crime, violent video games, body parts, sexual innuendos, etc, but a little sex ed is forbidden.

Mike >>

Mike can I make this line my new signature?

"We had some that got offended because evidently here, we can post suggestive photos, threaten each other with bodily harm, talk about fraud and crime, violent video games, body parts, sexual innuendos, etc, but a little sex ed is forbidden."
  • gonzergonzer Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>imbasol, >>

WTF?
  • mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Mike >>

I had to laugh when I read sex-ed! I think I needed to take a cold shower after reading your original "sex-ed" post!! We need more of those type of informational posts!!!
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>imbasol, >>

WTF? >>

click me

• RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The forum was fun, then you added your beads treatise, and well...it's gone to hell in a handbasket ever since... >>

LOL. That one should have gotten me in the CU HOF >>

it DID in my HOF! Anyways some very very strong prices on some of the ugliest cards I have ever seen! Most looked trimmed WITH severe scrapbook damaged AS WELLL AS writing! The Wilhelm doubled my estimate as well as a few other cards
  • thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

LOL. That one should have gotten me in the CU HOF >>

In the eyes of many, that thread permanently put you in the CU HOF. One of the funniest threads ever. What made it even more comical was that is was coming from you, a normally even-tempered, non-controversial, seemingly stodgy board member. Out of nowhere comes this detailed and clinical description about how to properly use and enjoy anal beads (aka "The Joy of Anal Beads"). Honestly, I wish you had left it up for more to enjoy--I couldn't stop laughing.

I don't recall people being offended, I thought it was pulled because you were worried about getting banned and having somebody put you on their speed dial.

LOL Dan

I did pull it cause of potential banning. The offended sent me PMs instead of posting. I do agree I shouldn't have posted it in area where minors can frequent though. Live and learn everyone is entitled to a. Mulligan every now and then LOL
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>LOL Dan. I did pull it cause of potential banning. The offended sent me PMs instead of posting. I do agree I shouldn't have posted it in area where minors can frequent though. Live and learn everyone is entitled to a. Mulligan every now and then LOL >>

Mike ... and for all you contribute to this forum in your usual conservative style, I, for one, offer you one more mulligan, if needed!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.