Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Card shops in Birmingham, AL?

Visiting some friends in Birmingham this weekend and wondering if anyone knows of any card shops around here. Feel the need to rip tomorrow, and bargain on some mid-50s minor stars.

And, yes, I'm familiar with the interwebz and intend to Google "baseball card shops in Birmingham" image
Now building '56 and '57 Topps, '05 Topps Chrome, '08 Heritage, and '12 Heritage

Comments

• Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Doug's coins on 280 in Homewood past the Summit shopping center. I believe there is another one on 31 past the galleria beside the chick fila.

Good luck
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    If you want to rip modern stuff, go see Curtis. I haven't seen him in over a year, but last time they didn't have a huge selection of vintage. They did have a lot of modern across all sports. Could have changed.

The Baseball Card Store
    1914 28th Ave. S
    Homewood, AL 35209
    United States
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    Save your time and pass on Doug's Coin, his store is 95% coins, or it was when I last went there. Its been about 10 years since I lived in Homewood, so my info is about ten years old.

While your in B'ham, stop by Surin West and get a Super Crunch Roll or Chez Fon Fon and get a Fon Fon Burger
    Scoreboard Malfunction
  • Options
    Thanks guys. What's my best shot to find some raw '50s stuff? Anyone heard of The Baseball Card Store on Lorna Road in Hoover? That's the most prevalent from searching.

We're heading near 5 points later, so good lead on the Fon Fon!
    Now building '56 and '57 Topps, '05 Topps Chrome, '08 Heritage, and '12 Heritage
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks guys. What's my best shot to find some raw '50s stuff? Anyone heard of The Baseball Card Store on Lorna Road in Hoover? That's the most prevalent from searching.

We're heading near 5 points later, so good lead on the Fon Fon! >>

"The Baseball Card Shop" is actually the same store I mentioned above. They've moved and are no longer at the address on Lorna Road. Use my address above, its the new one.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.