RIP---Moose Skowron

81 years old

Comments

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    RIP another TTM auto collector's favorite
  • Options
    YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
    A very friendly guy to converse with. He just signed a bunch of cards for me two months ago. He will be missed. RIP
  • Options
    I had the pleasure to spend a couple days with him. Truly a wonderful man. He loved Brooks Barbeque Chicken in Oneonta, NY and graciously signed for patrons when we were there. If you're going to the HOF in Cooperstown, check it out,
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!' Mark Frost
  • Options
    Mat84Mat84 Posts: 63 ✭✭
    Sad news, Moose would always come on the White Sox TV broadcasts at least a couple times a year with Hawk, he even did a whole game once or twice. Very funny and humble old fella.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    RIP
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    RIP Moose. Wow that really sucks, I just got this TTM return from him less than a week ago too.
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Definetley one of my childhood heros.My heart sinks every time one of the players from my childhood card collecting days of the late 50s and early 60s
    passes away.Those were the days when baseball was a game.

RIP Mussolini (his grandfather gave him that name when he was a kid.)
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    I had the honor of meeting him once and he couldn't have been nicer. He was an all-around great guy that will be extremely missed.

Rest In Peace Bill "Moose" Skowron: 12/18/30-4/27/12
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great long life! RIP!
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    Sad day. I met Moose many years ago at a Detroit Card Show. He signed 3 balls for me.

He was a great guy.

Dave