Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What do you think of these pack? 70 Football

i think i've bought from this seller before and it was fine, but i don't love the look of the folds of the bottom left pack in the picture, too risky?

1970 Topps Wax on Ebay

Comments

• Options
    That's the first thing I noticed too, was the folds and creases that don't look right. The packs actually don't look bad, the problem is you can't see any roller marks. It's so tough with just scans or pictures. I've learned the hard way and have opened my fair share of bad ones.

I always look to see that there aren't lot's of creases which would indicated opening and then folding again. These don't look that bad except for the bottome right one. In my experience and buying tons of packs from BBCE most of the packs from that are wax aren't sealed all the way across.

These look sealed all the way across. I can't see any roller marks, and there's almost a dirt line all the way around the seal.

Sorry couldn't be more helpful but that's about all I can see from the scans IMO.

Mike
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    OK thanks, so we're kinda on the same page.

in general when people talk about roller marks, what exactly should I be looking for? What does roller marks look like exactly? sorry for the noob q.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ask him for scans from the edge of the packs so you can more clearly see the corner fold lines.
  • Options

<< <i>OK thanks, so we're kinda on the same page.

in general when people talk about roller marks, what exactly should I be looking for? What does roller marks look like exactly? sorry for the noob q. >>

I always want to see the pack in my hands. Better off buying it PSA slabbed knowing Steve looked at it or buy directly from him. The roller marks are in one direction about 1 1/2 inch wide, long side to long side. This article may help. Doug
    LINK
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!' Mark Frost
  • Options
    shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    K, good info, thanks guys
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seller some time ago bought a ton of product from a wide range of sources.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.