Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA 10's Grading Question (hologram or not?)

Is there any kind of value difference in a PSA 10 card with the old Collectors Universe Hologram on the back of the holder vs the newer 10's that do not have the Collectors Universe Hologram?

Is it easier now-a-days to receive a 10 vs years ago or was it easier in the past? Any value to having cards with lower serial numbers vs higher serial numbers?

I am looking at 1986 Fleer Basketball cards to complete a set and wonder if there is more value to the cards with lower serial numbers (and the Collectors Universe Hologram vs the higher serial numbers with no hologram- either way they are both graded 10 by PSA?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks for all your input in advance.
Link to my eBay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/halftimecardsandcollectibles/

Unopened Boxes, Packs, Cards, and Tickets

Just send me a PM or email me for discount off eBay pricing. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    IMHO, much tougher now to pull higher grades. At least for my '70s subs, I'm receiving more downside surprises than upsides.
    Recent returned 9's and 8's look better than some my older 10's.
  • Options
    DtyDty Posts: 310 ✭✭
    I tend to agree with you. In comparing an older 10 with a newer 10 (of the same card) I really feel the newer graded 10 looks much sharper than the older 10. I am a little surprised at some of the "older 10's" actually being a 10, when comparing the two.
    Link to my eBay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/halftimecardsandcollectibles/

Unopened Boxes, Packs, Cards, and Tickets

Just send me a PM or email me for discount off eBay pricing. Thanks
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Getting 10s should be about as easy now as it was then because there is no 9.5 grade
    Getting 9s I think is a little harder because the 8.5 grade pulls down a lot of what formerly would have been 9s

As far as value, old flips w/ holograms still seem to bring more $, based on the (incorrect, I think) assumption that they are easier to bump.