Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Sold a 1968 Ryan RC today

A few days ago, I posted a Ryan RC on Craigslist. Today I sold it for $300. I'd be interested in hearing some opinions about the price.

1968 Ryan RC, PSA 7 (MC)

Comments

• Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭
    last one sold for $225, your's was towards the high end of sales. if you sold for cash, with no fees, you did great. if there were some fees for you you still did very well. nice sale!
  • Options
    gameusedhoop, thanks for the reply. It was a cash transaction, at a local Starbucks. I also sold six additional cards to the same buyer, for $500:

1970 Topps #580 Pete Rose PSA 6
    1971 Topps #100 Pete Rose PSA 6
    1971 Topps #400 Hank Aaron PSA 7
    1956 Topps #31 Hank Aaron PSA 5
    1965 Topps #207 Pete Rose PSA 7
    1964 Topps #125 Pete Rose PSA 7
  • Options
    leathtechleathtech Posts: 3,191
    glad you found a home for the card... IMO that was one ugly looking mc 7.
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Not knowing the current market although I have owned a Ryan RC for 25 years, I think you did great.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    In 1968, when I was 14 years old, I bought a pack of cards for a nickel, and the Ryan card was in it. From 1970 through 1990, it was stored in a small cabinet in my parents house, along with 4000 other cards. Luckily they didn't throw the cards away, and I rediscovered them in 1990.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    I personally don't have any desire for MC anything. I'd rather have a creased 4 without any qualifier.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.