Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Fleer Pro Vision PSA Sets

2»

Comments

• Options
    RudedawgRudedawg Posts: 345 ✭✭
    I too have had boxes with no Pro Visions in them. Tips for submissions.......... I always take my raw Pro Visions and look at them under a direct light with some glare and at different angles so I don't miss any "print lines", spots or marks. This gets missed a lot and can keep cards from getting Mint 9 or better. Centering, corners and edges are pretty easy to judge, but surface isn't as easy.

For basics, PSA's website has the best step-by-step process for submission prep

http://www.psacard.com/submission_center/

Just make sure your submission sheet has clear writing and fill in all the sections on the sheet. In the "Variety" column, make sure you put "Pro Visions" in there for 1991 versions. Other than that, it's pretty straight-forward. If you have good centering front and back on the football and basketball, as well as sharper corners, you've got good chances at 9's and 10's.

What service are you submitting through?? Are you doing one of the Collector's Club specials or a Registry special?? If you go with a Collector's Club special from this month, it's gonna be a while before you get them back (likely 2-3 months) The Registry Special gets a quicker turnaround right now. All depends on your patience level image

Hope that's what you were looking for, if not, let me know.....

Rudy

Currently collecting PSA graded:

1991 & 1992 Fleer Pro Visions
    1952 Topps
  • Options
    Got my sub back from PSA recently and was able to bump 8 of my cards up for the 1991 Football Set. Got one Gem 10 and the rest were Mint 9's. A little disappointing on that, most of the cards were sharp and had pretty good centering, but still happy with the overall result. So, here is my collection as it stands. At a 9.08 average:

Also got the rest of the baseball, football and basketball Pro Visions from 1992 graded. Didn't get any Gem 10s, but again got a lot of Mint 9s. They all look really nice in the PSA holders.

1952 Topps
  • Options
    Hey Guys, I have some extra PSA Pro Visions after my last sub. and wanted to give first offer to anyone following this thread. I have the following ready to go:

1991 Joe Montana - PSA 8
    1991 Barry Sanders - PSA 7
    1991 Lawrence Taylor - PSA 7
    1991 Mike Singletary - PSA 8.5
    1991 Bo Jackson - PSA 8
    1991 Randall Cunningham - PSA 8
    1991 Derrick Thomas - PSA 8
    1991 Derrick Thomas - PSA 9
    1991 Howie Long - PSA 8
    1991 Ultra Update Pro Vision Jerry Rice - PSA 8
    1991 Ultra Update Pro Vision Jerry Rice - PSA 9

1991 David Robinson - PSA 8

1991 Ryne Sandberg - PSA 8
    1991 Mark McGwire - PSA 8
    1991 Don Mattingly - PSA 8.5

8 of the 10 from the 1991 Football set are here, only missing the Dan Marino and Bruce Smith. The Jerry Rice isn't an actual part of the 1991 Football Registry Set, but it is the exact same card layout and color.

PM me if interested and what cards you would like. We can arrange a price then. I just want someone with interest to have these, so I will be as fair-priced as possible. If you want scans, let me know!!

1952 Topps
  • Options
    One more bump for anyone interested.

I plan on putting these up on eBay this Sunday (the 21st) if I don't hear from anyone.

Thanks!

Rudy

1952 Topps
  • Options
    Just an update for everyone. I haven't forgot about posting my dups on the thread for you all. It's now been the 45 business days since my submission. I contacted PSA, and they siad that they're running 5-10 days behind right now. So once I get the results I'll let you know. I've got 31 cards coming back, all 1991 baseball PV
  • Options
    Had a small sub that recently came back with a couple from the 1991 Football set. Was able to bump up my Dan Marino to a PSA 10 Gem.

This will be my last Pro Vision sub for quite awhile. I've got all of the 1991 and 1992 sets completed and the 1991 sets are all Mint 9 and better. Christmas time is coming and I need to channel funds to the wife and kids image

1952 Topps
  • Options
    Very nice Marino! I saw the pop go up and was hoping it was yours.

It's killing me waiting for my subs to come back. PSA assured me there is nothing wrong they are just busy, but you've got back 2 subs already!
  • Options
    Thanks man, I'm starting to feel guilty about getting subs back at this point! But, this is my last one out there. Granted, this last sub was the 20 day turnaround, but it was still about 10 days later. I have no explanation image Hang tough baby!!!!

1952 Topps
  • Options
    okay, PSA finally graded my pro-visions. I'm a little disappointed with the results, but here are my dups for sale.

#1 Kirby Puckett PSA 8.5, PSA 8, PSA 6
    #2 Will Clark (2) PSA 9, PSA 8
    #3 Ruben Sierra PSA 9, PSA 8
    #4 Mark McGwire PSA 9, (2) PSA 8
    #5 Bo Jackson (3) PSA 9
    #6 Jose Canseco (2) PSA 9, PSA 7
    #9 Roger Clemons PSA 8
    #11 Don Mattingly PSA 10, (2) PSA 9
    #12 Darryl Strawberry (2) PSA 9, PSA 8

Factory:
    #2 Rickey Henderson (2) PSA 8
    #4 Dave Stewart PSA 9, PSA 8

PM me if interested and which cards you would like. We can arrange a price then.