Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My Pack Pulls From Years Past

I was a big case ripper years ago. Unfortunately to fund the next buy I would sell off what I just ripped. If I had it to do over I would have kept a lot of these cards for my own collection. I kept all the scans so I could at least look at them when I wanted. Have a bunch to show so I will add them when I have time.

Enjoy!

Comments

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Mr Marvel is awesome
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options

<< <i>Mr Marvel is awesome >>

I remember people doubting it was legit at the time because there wasn't another one out there. After doing some checking I found out that the signers did add some additional things to some of the cards.
  • Options
    scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    Very cool, thanks for sharing.

I met Stan Lee last year but didn't ask for an auto. He was a very warm and genuine guy.
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • Options
    Really nice stuff!!!

Any grade worthy of at least a 9?
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Chicks dig the nickname autos
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Really nice stuff!!!

Any grade worthy of at least a 9? >>

Mike, I think the ship sailed on all of these.

Steve, those were some impressive pulls. Being a Mets fan, the one with Gooden and Carter would have been a keeper no matter what.

If you don't mind me asking, which one of those did you get the most for. I'm thinking the Troy Aikman, but I've been wrong before.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options

<< <i>

Steve, those were some impressive pulls. Being a Mets fan, the one with Gooden and Carter would have been a keeper no matter what.

If you don't mind me asking, which one of those did you get the most for. I'm thinking the Troy Aikman, but I've been wrong before. >>

The ship has sailed unfortunately. As far as the most $$ I really wouldn't remember. I have a bunch of other ones I will put up so maybe that will give you a better idea. I sure do miss them! Lol
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The ship has sailed unfortunately. As far as the most $$ I really wouldn't remember. I have a bunch of other ones I will put up so maybe that will give you a better idea. I sure do miss them! Lol >>

Good thing I don't like to sell anything. I have attachment issues. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

If you don't mind me asking, which one of those did you get the most for. I'm thinking the Troy Aikman, but I've been wrong before. >>

The ship has sailed unfortunately. As far as the most $$ I really wouldn't remember. I have a bunch of other ones I will put up so maybe that will give you a better idea. I sure do miss them! Lol >>

I gotcha, I will ketchup and get the mustard. Nice memories then?
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    The Aikman patch auto,#'d 1/8, I bet brought some good money.

Nice cards!
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options

<< <i>The Aikman patch auto,#'d 1/8, I bet brought some good money.

Nice cards! >>

Did well on that one image
  • Options

• Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Very nice stuff. The Moss patch is great.
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    Amazing pictures Brian.

Used to bust wax alot back in the day and would always sell them at shows or have someone sell them for me.

Would want to keep them but they would be so hot at the moment I just couldn't pass up the $$.

What I have done is started to buy some of the cards back via ebay and that has been fun so far with the first two.

Sold a UD Darius Miles Hardcourt rookie / 900 for $250.00 when I pulled it and bought a BGS 9 for 2.99 in the past few months.

Sold a UD Vince Carter Jersey card 99-00 (it was a tough pull 1-2500) and got $300.00 for it and bought it last month for $50.

** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    +1 Bob Cousy Auto
    -1 Larry King Auto

• Options

<< <i>+1 Bob Cousy Auto
    -1 Larry King Auto >>

Lol!
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    So what do you do with the rest of the cards that cant sell at a auction for .99?
  • Options

<< <i>So what do you do with the rest of the cards that cant sell at a auction for .99? >>

I would stockpile stuff and then just sell them as a large assorted lot. I would list stuff twice normally and after that in went in the "lot box"