Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Newbie to the forum, getting back into collecting again..

Just wanted to say hi. I collected baseball cards like a maniac in the late 80's through the mid 90's, and after talking to a friend about collecting, it made me want to get back into it a little. Last week I started out buying the card I always wanted as a kid, the 1989 UD Ken Griffey Jr Rookie. I bid on two, and ended up winning both, so I'll be posting one for trade in a bit.

Anyway, looking forward to using the forum and building a small collection.
-Matt

Comments

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    image aboard Matt!!!

Yes, lots of the money cards from the late 80's and 90's are very affordable now. Congrats on the Griffeys.

Lots of great guys on the board always willing to help. Looking forward to your posts.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome jaja! This forum is a great place to hang out. I read it for several months before joining.
    Daniel
  • Options
    YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
    image Nice first purchase
  • Options
    Thanks guys!

Just browsing through the forum has brought back a lot of awesome memories for me. That was such an awesome time to be a collector.
    -Matt
  • Options
    Welcome!! Good luck with your collection!!
    The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound...That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • Options
    Welcome!

Like others said this place is a wealth of knowledge. Look forward to the scans/pictures of the Griffey's. The industry has changed a bit since then, feel free to ask questions.

Take care,
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    Scottiec2288Scottiec2288 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    image Interests beyond Griffey?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!' Mark Frost
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, hello, how are ya? image
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    MinorLeaguerMinorLeaguer Posts: 497 ✭✭✭
    Hi, Welcome back. Get ready for the relapse of the cardboard addiction!
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Welcome!
  • Options

<< <i>image Interests beyond Griffey? >>

Plenty. Primarily vintage 60's and 70's stuff. When I quit collecting I was only buying HOFers, so I might pick up there.
    -Matt
  • Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    The next thing you know you'll be explaining to your wife the reasonableness of you obtaining the entire 1993 Finest Refractor Set.

***be sure to check out those 1990 Topps Commons for blackless errors
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com