Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Ugh Ebay.. a $10 lesson

Buyer takes 4 weeks to pay. I mail his small item once he does. A week later (before the item could even possibly arrive) he files a claim of non-receipt.

I message him politely.

"Hello, I see that you have opened a claim on this item. I sent it out the next business day (Apr 2nd) after your payment on March 30th. It has only been in transit for a few business days, which isn't very long for international mail. Please give it at least another week or two, it will probably turn up by then. Often times cross border letters get held up in customs.
Thanks, Matt"

He replies rather.. peculiarly.. "ok i am sick matt broken neck, thank you and blessings nick"

I respond politely "I am sorry to hear that. I hope you get well soon."

His again strange response: "OK SICK"

I refunded his money then looked at his feedback

Seriously ebay wtf.. why can we no longer leave negs for buyers? This guy obviously is terrible and should be banned. Dozens of non-payments. And now he has figured out that he can abuse the paypal buyer protection and get stuff for free. ugh.
http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections

Comments

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    complain to FeeBay and FEEpal..
    but they love and own each other....
    If you have proof... there is always the "LAW"....
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    Yes, I have reported him to Ebay and blocked him. I am just peeved that thanks to the "new and improved" Ebay feedback system, buyers like this can do whatever they want and still have 100% positive feedback. The only red flag from my deal with him was that he took a very long time to pay. Next time I'll take a quick look at someone's feedback when they do that.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a good indication of how broken the new buyer feedback system is. This guys is a horrible buyer and there's nothing to indicate that at a first glance by looking at the score and % rating.

I'm adding him to my blocked buyer's list. Thank you for the heads-up.
  • Options
    Added to my blocked buyer list. Thanks for the heads-up

Successful BST transactions with:CollectorsCoins, farthing, Filacoins, LordMarcovan, Duki, Spoon, Jinx86, ubercollector, hammered54
    LochNess and ProfHaroldHill

• Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Once he files a complaint you can't neg him.
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Once he files a complaint you can't neg him. >>

Not sure what you mean. Not sure how long it's been since you've sold on ebay, but a seller hasn't been able to leave a neg for a buyer in quite some time now. All you can do is leave a positive and then use words like neg/negative to alert others about him. Toolhaus has an option where it will show even positive feedback with those keywords.

But my point is, thanks to Ebay's new system, I had no warning about this guy. 800+ 100% positive feedback. Only after the fact did I go in and see he's a deadbeat and has now very likely figured out that he can go a step further and pay, then get his money back by filing a non-receipt claim.
  • Options
    DeiGratiaDeiGratia Posts: 273 ✭✭✭
    UGH Fleebay sucks.
    I'm sorry about your experience.

Fleepal is worse though.
    Don't get me started.
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a business for ya - software that interprets negative feedback trends within "forced" positive buyer feedback.
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    Give him a check mark for positive feedback and word it as a Negative feedback.image
  • Options
    AndresAndres Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    Yes, I agree
    eBay Feedback system is no good at all for sellers,
    and PayPal is even worse, buyers can do whatever they like, sellers always get the blame and the financial loss.
    that buyer nick is real sick , probably damaged his brain too when he broke his neck.
    collector of Greek banknotes - most beautifull world banknotes - Greek & Roman ancient coins.