Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Finally something worthwhile on Craigslist

Normally I don't even waste my time on that site, but yesterday I found a nice lot of hockey cards and was able to close a deal with the guy today. Here was the haul.

1974-75 Topps Hockey - About half the set most stars are missing and condition avg's about Ex
1976-77 Topps Hockey - 2/3 Set, missing the Orr and Trottier EX set
1978-79 Topps Hockey - Complete set Bossy RC is VG-EX, Federko RC is VG-EX. I love this set I was very glad to get this one.
1984-85 Topps Hockey - Complete set Yzerman RC is Nm-mt only centering is an issue really, LaFontaine RC is quite off center, Gretzky's look nice but not worth grading.
1989-90 Topps Hockey - Complete Set Sakic RC is nice, Gretzky is Nice rest of the set is Nm-Mt

Factory Sets of

1990-91 Topps
1991-92 Topps
1992-93 Topps
1990 Bowman
1991 Bowman

Plus about another 2500 or so cards from various years and brands, mostly 90's crap that I probably won't look at for quite a while. For $50 I couldn't pass the deal up especially since most of the sets came in binders and brand new Ultra Pro 9 pocket sheets, so the sheets alone would have ran me at least $20.

Here are a couple of scans.

Comments

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet find! I love the 1978 set as well. Cool stuff.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    Nice!

I found a legit Mantle ball on there recently. The guy also had a human skull, but I passed on that.
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice!

I found a legit Mantle ball on there recently. The guy also had a human skull, but I passed on that. >>

I am surprised by how many of my vintage cards in my collection have come via craigslist. Just off the top of my head i have gotten my 1959 Gibson RC, 1962 Maris, 1955 1957 1958 1958 1960 1962 1964 1966 Clementes (All from the same guy). And many more. I just cant think of them. I have done very well there.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Nice!

I found a legit Mantle ball on there recently. The guy also had a human skull, but I passed on that. >>

I am surprised by how many of my vintage cards in my collection have come via craigslist. Just off the top of my head i have gotten my 1959 Gibson RC, 1962 Maris, 1955 1957 1958 1958 1960 1962 1964 1966 Clementes (All from the same guy). And many more. I just cant think of them. I have done very well there. >>

I got very lucky on this one, as this guy used to collect and then got out of the hobby. He was happy that he found someone local to take it off his hands and I was happy to get what I got, I've been slowly building the 78 set for a while, but now I can move on to a different one.