Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Dpeck100 Collectors Club 45 Day Special....Randy Savage and Elizabeth PSA 10!!!!.....With Scans

Order #20582725 / Submission #727036
Line # Item # Cert # Grade Description Type
1 1 19707433 MINT 9 1985 O-PEE-CHEE WWF PRO WRESTLING STARS-SERIES 2 63 RANDY SAVAGE & ELIZABETH Card
1 2 19707434 GEM MINT 10 1985 O-PEE-CHEE WWF PRO WRESTLING STARS-SERIES 2 63 RANDY SAVAGE & ELIZABETH Card
2 1 19707435 MINT 9 1985 O-PEE-CHEE WRESTLING II 73 BATTLE ROYAL WINNER WRESTLING II Card
3 1 19707436 MINT 9 1985 O-PEE-CHEE WWF PRO WRESTLING STARS-SERIES 2 1 NIKOLAI VOLKOFF Card
4 1 19707437 NEAR MINT 7 1986 CARNATION MAJOR LEAGUE WRESTLING RICK MARTEL Card
5 1 19707438 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1986 CARNATION MAJOR LEAGUE WRESTLING THE ROAD WARRIORS Card
6 1 19707439 MINT 9 1986 PANINI SUPERSPORT ITALIAN 130 LARRY BIRD Card
7 1 19707440 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1986 PANINI SUPERSPORT ITALIAN 131 MAGIC JOHNSON Card
8 1 19707441 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1986 PANINI SUPERSPORT ITALIAN 129 KAREEM ABDUL JABBAR Card
8 2 19707442 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1986 PANINI SUPERSPORT ITALIAN 129 KAREEM ABDUL JABBAR Card
9 1 19707443 MINT 9 1986 PANINI SUPERSPORT ITALIAN 153 MIKE TYSON Card
9 2 19707444 NEAR MINT 7 1986 PANINI SUPERSPORT ITALIAN 153 MIKE TYSON Card
9 3 19707445 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1986 PANINI SUPERSPORT ITALIAN 153 MIKE TYSON Card
10 1 19707447 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1986 PANINI SUPERSPORT UK 153 MIKE TYSON Card
11 1 19707448 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 WRESTLING ALL-STARS-SERIES B 11 RICKY STEAMBOAT Card
11 2 19707449 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 WRESTLING ALL-STARS-SERIES B 11 RICKY STEAMBOAT Card
11 3 19707450 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 WRESTLING ALL-STARS-SERIES B 11 RICKY STEAMBOAT Card
12 1 19707451 MINT 9 1982 WRESTLING ALL-STARS-SERIES B 32 BOBO BRAZIL Card
13 1 19707452 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 WRESTLING ALL-STARS-SERIES B 13 TITO SANTANA Card
14 1 19707453 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 WRESTLING ALL-STARS SERIES A 31 KEN PATERA Card
15 1 19707454 MINT 9 1982 WRESTLING ALL-STARS SERIES A 33 DICK THE BRUISER Card
16 1 19707455 NEAR MINT-MINT+ 8.5 1982 WRESTLING ALL-STARS-SERIES B 7 KERRY VON ERICH Card
17 1 19707456 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 WRESTLING ALL-STARS SERIES A 6 DUSTY RHODES Card
18 1 19707457 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 WRESTLING ALL-STARS SERIES A 12 BOB BACKLUND Card
19 1 19707458 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 WRESTLING ALL-STARS-SERIES B 13 TITO SANTANA Card
20 1 19707459 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 WRESTLING ALL-STARS SERIES A 19 ANGELO MOSCA Card
21 1 19707460 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 WRESTLING ALL-STARS-SERIES B 3 BOB ROOP Card
22 1 19707461 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 WRESTLING ALL-STARS SERIES A 21 THE FABULOUS MOOLAH Card
22 2 19707462 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 WRESTLING ALL-STARS SERIES A 21 THE FABULOUS MOOLAH Card
22 3 19707463 NEAR MINT 7 1982 WRESTLING ALL-STARS SERIES A 21 THE FABULOUS MOOLAH Card
23 1 19707464 MINT 9 1982 WRESTLING ALL-STARS-SERIES B 33 GREG VALENTINE Card
24 1 19707465 MINT 9 1982 WRESTLING ALL-STARS-SERIES B 31 BARON VON RASCHKE Card
24 2 19707466 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 WRESTLING ALL-STARS-SERIES B 31 BARON VON RASCHKE Card
24 3 19707467 MINT 9 1982 WRESTLING ALL-STARS-SERIES B 31 BARON VON RASCHKE Card
25 1 19707468 MINT 9 1982 WRESTLING ALL-STARS-SERIES B 26 MR. WRESTLING II Card
26 1 19707469 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 WRESTLING ALL-STARS-SERIES B 4 GREG GAGNE Card
26 2 19707470 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 WRESTLING ALL-STARS-SERIES B 4 GREG GAGNE Card
27 1 19707432 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1983 WRESTLING ALL-STARS 24 ROCKY JOHNSON Card

A few really nice hits and some big misses. I am super excited to get a Randy Savage PSA 10!!! I posted it raw a while ago and thought for sure it was strong. This is a Pop 1 of this super tough card!

The Battle Royal card is the Andre from the set and is almost always off centered.

The Panini stickers were a disappointment and I clearly missed a few things. The Bird in a PSA 9 should do okay I would think. I was really hoping for two PSA 9's on the Tyson's.

The Carnation cards came as expected and I am anxious to get those in hand as The Road Warriors card is one of my favorites.

The Wrestling All Stars have some nice hits and misses. I cracked out three BGS Ricky Steamboats with two 8.5's and one 9 and they all came back as PSA 8's. The Rocky Johnson was a BGS 9 crack out too. Definitely lost money there if I planned to resell. There were a hand full of nice scores with the Dick The Bruiser PSA 9 and the Kerry Von Erich PSA 8.5.

Overall I am pleased and can't complain a bit.

This was a 45 day special that popped a few days early.

Comments

• Options
    Congrats D!!!! The Tyson 9 is Awesome and the Savage is incredible. Tough card. Might be a few re subs..... Way to go overall!!!!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
    Congrats on the 10. Some good stuff on that sub.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Mike!

The Tyson's came from Cyprus and he has not been listing any. He has one with a huge print dot listed and that is it.

I think the run of nice Tyson's happened and I am glad I snagged a bunch when I could. I now have five PSA 9's.

The Savage is nuts! I have bought a ton of that product looking for nice one's and to get a PSA 9 and PSA 10 is extremely exciting! What is wild is the PSA 10 came from a little lot of 24 cards off EBAY that cost $3. Sometimes you win! image

• Options
    kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Wow! Some real monster cards there! Some of those 9's have been selling for many $100's for those who haven't been following. Awesome Macho Man! The 85 OPC are so tough I stay away from the packs now. Can't wait to see some scans. Really some of my favorite cards including Tyson, Steamboat, Valentine and Tito!
  • Options
    There are all kinds of issues with the cards. Centering, printing issues, corners, and anything that can hurt a cards grade.

There are cards like Greg Gagne and Fabulous Moolah in this sub where a PSA 8 is the highest grade.

The 1985 OPC in my mind are the most difficult cards of any of the major sets. The 1986 Carnation are the most rare and the most difficult but you can barely find them at all let alone in good condition.

I am going to put together my last batch of nice raw cards and hope I get a few 9's and a lot of 8's. The best I have already have been to Newport Beach.

• Options
    Nice work Dpeck!

• Options

<< <i>Thanks Mike!

The Tyson's came from Cyprus and he has not been listing any. He has one with a huge print dot listed and that is it.

I think the run of nice Tyson's happened and I am glad I snagged a bunch when I could. I now have five PSA 9's.

The Savage is nuts! I have bought a ton of that product looking for nice one's and to get a PSA 9 and PSA 10 is extremely exciting! What is wild is the PSA 10 came from a little lot of 24 cards off EBAY that cost $3. Sometimes you win! image >>

Really makes me want to tear into the two boxes I am sitting on from him. I know how rare they are though and I haven't seen any around in a while.

Wonder if even that many exist?
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    I can attest to how difficult the 1985 OPC's are. That Savage card is a monster and, I have a feeling, would bring huge money if it were to hit the open market.
    It is his only true RC, which has a major impact on collectability, and he is one of the most well known names from any era of wrestling. His recent passing has brought renewed interest in his collectibles as well.

A really incredible card.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    +1 for Elizabeth!

Well done
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    I would keep those boxes sealed. I highly doubt there are many left.

The Tyson's popping up of late have been in terrible condition and I still think the high grade Tyson's will bring big money. I love that card!

When I show people that card they are blown away and that is a good thing.

• Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on a great sub, D! Love those Tyson's!
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    AWESOME sub! Congrats. Keep it going!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Great stuff. Congrats on 10 for Macho and Liz.

So is the 1985 WWF opc set all different from the Topps version. Different photos and checklist? I assume much harder to find OPC wax.
  • Options
    that is amazing!

Does your PSA 9 hit the market now? image
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on some great poppage!!! Macho Man says...

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    Series 1 is the same as as the topps set I thnk except for the white stock and French backs. Series 2 is a completely different set and not made in a topps version. They are listed as 85 but I'm pretty sure some of the cards are from wrestle mania 2 which I think wasn't until 1986. The cards are really tough to find centered. Many are close to being miscut. I think that battle royal card is a great card. Its the best looking Andre card IMO and I've never seen one even close to being centered. I had the first 8.5 savage. I wish I sold it when he passed away. There are a quite a few 9s now. That 10 is huge. It might be a 1 of 1 for a very long time. The mkt seems really strong for opc series 2. I'm not sure why opc series 1 or the 1987 set dont sell well at all. I would think the 85 piper and the 87 Bret hart would be pretty desirable cards. I don't think that the series 2 set is really that much more rare than the other opc sets.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Elizabeth was always a 10 in my book. If I have a Kamala the Ugandan Giant sighting tonight I will be made whole.image
  • Options
    The 1985 Topps OPC Series II is actually from 1986. The cards on the back are stamped from 1985, but the puzzle and many cards are from Wrestlemania II and those were from April 7th 1986.

The puzzle is Hulk Hogan Vs. King Kong Bundy which was the main event from Wrestlemania II so we know they are from April 7th, 1986 forward.

One of the things pointed out earlier is Elizabeth is on the card. She was like a princess to me growing up. Just the most desirable women ever in wrestling.

The 1985 OPC Randy Savage and Elizabeth is one of the highlights of my collection and one of the best self subbed cards I have ever had. This is a really cool card to add to my collection.

Once many see how tough these cards are they will realize how unique of a card this is. At this point there are only 8 PSA 10's from this set.

• Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    I have never seen one for sale, besides the one I have owned for 15 years, but what do you think the break down would be on an unopened 1986 OPC WWF Series Two vending case? At 500 cards per box, that is almost twice the amount of cards than a wax box.

I have avoided opening it all this time, because it would not have made good financial sense. I have a feeling that has changed dramatically in the last two years.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    Greg I really don't know. I purchased a large number of the cards I own from a dealer in Canada who had broken a vending case like you have. So many of the cards have touched corners and in many cases have 90/10 or worse centering.

There have been a few cards from the sets graded and auctioned off and they did not bring huge prices.

This set does not have the same potential as the Wrestling All Stars but it is an insane challenge to find high grade cards and if anyone ever got serious about doing so could take off.

There are a few cards like King Kong Bundy that are 90/10 on everyone I have. That card would be a true rarity in high grade.

The good news is if you bust it open you could always sell off sets and recoup a good deal of money that way and then send in the best to get graded.

• Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    Does anyone have an idea on the production run on the opc sets? According to what I see available on ebay and on the pop report the other 2 opc sets don't really seem over produced. Is the series 2 set just much more condition sensitive which is causing the big difference in price?
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    Elizabeth was the lady but Stacy Keibler is the new queen
  • Options
    I think the 1985 OPC WWF series 1 seems to be much more rare then the traditional Topps set.

The Series II seems easier to find to me. I would say both are very condition sensitive. That being said I have not studied in any great detail Series I so I am not really aware of which cards are constantly in poor condition and I only have one set to view.

I have studied Series II and there are a ton of cards that are in brutal condition constantly. Unfortunately there is not a ton of star power in Series II and I would say on average a nice condition set of Series I would do better with the two Hulk Hogan cards.

The Series II set can generally be found for $30 to $40 when they surface on EBAY. The best card in the set is the Randy Savage and Elizabeth card. I bought a lot of sets searching for the elusive PSA 10.

I have only sold one card from the set and it was a Davey Boy Smith PSA 9 and I got $110 for it. That was a good price for me I thought.

There has yet to be a Randy Savage sold in a PSA 9 so I really have no way of knowing what the market is for that. I have 2 of them out of the Pop 8 and the only 10.

The PSA 10's from the Topps set have done okay at times and the Hulk Hogan PSA 10 Pop 1 sold for $550 a few months back. I would say on average though an OPC PSA 10 is much more difficult and would command more money on average. At this time there are only 8 in a PSA 10.

That number will change of course over time. With the low selling prices of the PSA 8's that ran a few months ago it is a risky move sending in cards that might get an 8 with the cost of grading to overcome. I have a large stack that are pretty nice but am concerned about the financial element of it. I have no interest in losing money on cards if I can avoid it.
  • Options
    "I think the 1985 OPC WWF series 1 seems to be much more rare then the traditional Topps set. "

The above applies to EVERY sports card release in the history of O-Pee-Chee except one, 1989 Hockey.
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, great job on the overall sub and a big congrats on the PSA 10 Savage/Elizabeth card.

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    Here are some scans of a few of the cards I sent in.

• Options
    Nice Bird
  • Options
    I just got the bad news that my Randy Savage is now a Pop 2.

Tsalems1 and I had a long conversation about the wrestling cards and he picked up some great looking OPC Series II while he was in Canada.

I saw the scan of one of the cards and thought for sure it was going to grade PSA 10 Gem Mint.

It did.

Be on the lookout for this card as it is sure to get some interest on EBAY.

Good luck on the sale!
  • Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    imageimage
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • Options
    What in the eff is: 'bubblebathgirl' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wait, wrestling topic. Understood. Carry on Men.
  • Options
    tunahead08tunahead08 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What in the eff is: 'bubblebathgirl' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wait, wrestling topic. Understood. Carry on Men. >>

I'm sure you're earning more and more respect with each jackass post you make. Looking at your posts so far, you've contributed nothing to this board except for being a douche
  • Options
    Didn't get my meaning across yet on how wresting fans are douches ? I bet that is the first time you ever typed the word douche. Now is time for you to know what that actually is. 'TunaHead" uhhh. There is no need in life to get 'respect' with people ya simply don't know. (check this out. this guy TunaHead seeks respect) oh man. Yes TunaHead, I yearn your resepct. (sp?)
  • Options
    The 'Kerry Von Erich' card. It is just so disturbing one would want that. Look at that guy. He is either dead or slothing off some crack pipe at 60 by now. THAT card, in itself proves wrestling fans are also "new school' Beiber and Harry Potter fans. Now THAT is proof Catholic priests are alive and well.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    You're such a tough guy
  • Options
    tunahead08tunahead08 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Didn't get my meaning across yet on how wresting fans are douches ? I bet that is the first time you ever typed the word douche. Now is time for you to know what that actually is. 'TunaHead" uhhh. There is no need in life to get 'respect' with people ya simply don't know. (check this out. this guy TunaHead seeks respect) oh man. Yes TunaHead, I yearn your resepct. (sp?) >>

Actually I'm not a wrestling fan at all, but I enjoy seeing what other people collect, unlike you, who just seems to like to crap all over people's threads. Is that your purpose here? To contribute nothing besides insulting people you don't know?
  • Options
    Yes. You people turned me quick. Joined for fun though. Leaving now though in disgust. Sporte cards big men. yuck. Are you sure you are 'contributing' either to others or your lives ?