Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

(0) Feedback bidder

I have a high dollar card that is up for auction and a bidder who just joined yesterday bid on it, would you guys remove there bid and block them or would you let it ride? It ends in a couple days but I do not want other bidders to see a (0) as the high bid and then stay away for fear of shilling.

Comments

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would leave the bid in and not worry that someone would suspect a shill bid.
    Daniel
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Over the course of many, many auctions, I have seen 0-5 feedback bidders lead auctions early. They throw bids up early hoping to steal something. More often than not, they are unsuccessful. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    jivanjivan Posts: 1,009
    WHAT WAS YOUR FEEDBACK WHEN YOU JOINED EBAY ? and yes i do sell on the bay and am leery of 0 or low feedback buyers.. seems any probs i had were with the lowfeedback/beginner members but we all start at zero, right ???
    always looking for 1969 graded basketball
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Ya, and you never know who these zero bidders are. Most are just new to ebay. It's that 1% that has been kicked off 5 times before because of their scamming or rip-off schemes. You could accept a check, wait til it clears or request a money order. Stay away from payment where they can screw you.
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>WHAT WAS YOUR FEEDBACK WHEN YOU JOINED EBAY ? and yes i do sell on the bay and am leery of 0 or low feedback buyers.. seems any probs i had were with the lowfeedback/beginner members but we all start at zero, right ??? >>

Yeah but when I joined my first bid was not on a item that cost more than my used truck. Sent them a pm but no response, would hate to have to start all over again image
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    I would leave the bid.

I once sold a PSA 8 Namath RC at auction for $5000+ to a zero feedback newbie on ebay.
    He paid right away and the deal went smoothly.

Everyone has to start at zero on ebay.
  • Options
    I started a 0, I'm now at 3557 with 100% feedback. But I still hold sellers feet to the fire. Nough said.