Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

should these be graded???

I won a small lot of 1955 Bowman football recently and a number of them are oc but have nice edges and corners. Should I spend the money to have these graded or just sell them as is for someone who likes nice cards and are not real picky about the centering. I realize that qualifiers drop two grades off of cards if I understand correctly, is there a way to have them graded at the lower grade instead of the higher grade with an OC qualifier?? A few are scanned below....thanks for your advice, I usually don't purchase these vintage type cards. alimage

Comments

• Options
    I see that you have a Barry Sotero Rookie!! (Bob Watkins)

Matt
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    since I haven't collected these is there any significance to having the card that you mentioned?? thanks al.
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    I collected this set in graded form at one point. I would not grade those cards listed.

If the Ford and Kilroy would grade high then they might have been worth it. They would sell for more raw than in graded form too. The Chandois cards pictured might not even get $5 graded.

aconte
  • Options

<< <i>I collected this set in graded form at one point. I would not grade those cards listed.

If the Ford and Kilroy would grade high then they might have been worth it. They would sell for more raw than in graded form too. The Chandois cards pictured might not even get $5 graded.

aconte >>

thanks, I have others I'll try to scan and see if any would be worth sending in....there were 25 from the lot that I sent in with this month's special but what I have left are all off center to some degree plus some that had other issues, dings, creases, etc....
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    Call me crazy but the Kilroy looks mighty short compared to the others...

Nice looking set.
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    Not sure if the Kilroy is short but that one and the Ford are definitely OC which is ashame.

I would not grade any of the pictured examples. The Christiansen is another that would not sell for much in anything less than an 8. Even an 8 is not big money.

The cards are nice though and would look great in a raw set as the 55 bowman set is one of the best 50's football sets out there.

If you have the Landry card and some of the other stars, they are worth grading in almost any condition.

aconte
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>since I haven't collected these is there any significance to having the card that you mentioned?? thanks al. >>

HAHA he's YOUR commander in chief! LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Not sure if any interest on the threads but have moved the cards to ebay. I'll put a thread out there with a link if anyone wants to see, I put larger scans of the Ford and Christensen card in the listings and will be adding more cards over the next few days. thanks for all your info on this set. al.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>since I haven't collected these is there any significance to having the card that you mentioned?? thanks al. >>

HAHA he's YOUR commander in chief! LOL >>

False