Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA is still real busy

and that's a very good thing for the sports card and collectibles community !

I am very pleased to see business is booming.

My one card order was received on April 13th, and it's still not logged
in as of April 24th.

That means things are really booming, or I screwed up a one card order image

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine was delivered on the 13th as well.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    had one dropped off in N.B. on the 13th as well, CC Special #2. still waiting for loggage.

anyone detect a trend developing here? image
  • Options
    tyweb1tyweb1 Posts: 528 ✭✭
    I just had 3 orders log today that were received on the 17th. I am glad they are busy. Hopefully they will be busy giving me some high grades
  • Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You would think by now they would have some type of scanner that can objectively measure size and determine corner and surface quality to speed the process along. I just hope the backlog and the pressure to get through it does not reduce the quality of the grading or we are in trouble! >>

I highly doubt that would be the case... as a reduction in the quality of grading would be more trouble for PSA then us collectors!
  • Options
    Didn't this happen last year when they offered the $4.50 special? They probably get double or triple the volume. May take a couple months to get caught up and back to somewhat normal turnaround times.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rather see them take their time and get everything right rather than rush and screw things up. I am ok waiting an extra couple of weeks as long as they are getting everything done correctly. Have some patience.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am glad they are busy.

• Options
    The weird thing though is that the turnaround times for subs hasn't seemed to be significantly affected but I've never seen it take this long for so many subs to get logged into the system. From that point, I believe it's business as usual.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    From Feb 2009 to the end of last year or October my last sub in 2011. The longest I ever waited was 5 weeks. Almost 3,000 cards graded over that time. During all those subs I never marked the outside if the box. This year all my subs I started marking the outside. Trying to be more professional, I dunno. Now they take days and days to log, and I'm going on week 6 with one sub, the other took 11 bus days to log. 148/275 in the two orders. They are a bit bigger than I normally do. I try to stay right at that 100 number.

So I dunno. No complaints from me just observations. Like others say I don't care if it takes 4, 6, or 8 weeks as long as the grades are accurate.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this were an election it is called a land slide.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My grades just popped on day 14 of a 10 day sub. Grades were about what I was expecting. Hope this means they are grading the same, just taking too darn long!

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

<< <i>anyone detect a trend developing here? image >>

There must be at least three new threads every week in the "Sports Cards & Memorabilia Forum" created for no other reason than someone needing to whine about their poppage or loggage time? Is that the one you mean?
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    I try to drop off my cards at PSA or at a show as much as possible. They log much much faster that way. Dropped off a 45 day order on 3/30 and it logged on 4/4
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    NikklosNikklos Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭
    As I mentioned in a separate thread, PSA logged my 42-card sub 2 days after they received it. And then it popped yesterday in 3 business days. It was the $6 20-day special. Not sure how they pick which cards to log and grade first. But I was really happy about the quick turn.
    Nikklos
  • Options
    pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭
    I dropped off 3 cut autos to get "Blue Slabbed" at the Glendale show on Saturday. Would those autos get logged in as well? Any idea as to how long?

FYI, PSA said it would take 20 working days to complete.
  • Options

<< <i>As I said mentioned in a separate thread, PSA logged my 42-card sub 2 days after they received it. And then it popped yesterday in 3 business days. It was the $6 20-day special. Not sure how they pick which cards to log and grade first. But I was really happy about the quick turn. >>

When was that?

• Options
    NikklosNikklos Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭
    Logged Thursday 4/19. Popped yesterday.
    Nikklos
  • Options

<< <i>Logged Thursday 4/19. Popped yesterday. >>

Don't understand why some packages are sitting for 2 weeks and others are being logged in 2 days. It's bizarre.

• Options
    Anyone else still waiting 2 weeks after delivery for loggage?

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    yes. mine were received 4.5 and logged 4.24 and 4.25. waiting for poppage. image

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options

<< <i>yes. mine were received 4.5 and logged 4.24 and 4.25. waiting for poppage. image >>

Sitting there for 20 days????? Damn.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    ttt for Sobchak
  • Options
    RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>yes. mine were received 4.5 and logged 4.24 and 4.25. waiting for poppage. image >>

That is insane. I am sure the question being asked at the end of each day at PSA is: "Can we click on the "arrived" button yet for all of these orders in our system?" With a typical response of "nope, we need more stall time."
  • Options

<< <i>ttt for Sobchak >>

I'm losing a bit of steam with regards to my little crusade lately, as it slowly sinks in that there isn't a thing I can do to keep it from happening. It's like being angry with the moon for coming out at night.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA