Home Sports Talk
Options

I think Clemens walks again

This second trial is a waste of time, money and only to aid some old capitol hill farts and their chest pounding. Looks like a good set up for Clemens so far with Pettitte testimony out. No one is going to believe McNamee. I think Roger in his personal life is probably par for the course when it comes to the morals of pro athletes (that aint saying much!). A lot of pro athletes are generally jerks as well. His legacy is tarnished, but i dont see anything from a legal standpoint to keep him out of HOF. I cant say he juiced or not. But given the american system of justice, I shrug and say until he's convicted or there is proof beyond a reasonable doubt, then he's in. Selig is quiet. He has to be as he should have been strung up long ago as well. Nuts that he never got tossed on his can as this happened on his watch. It's going to be up to the writers. My guess is Clemens wont get in first-ballot, but will get in. How is this for a twist: Bud Selig steps down with an emotional farewell, apologizes and accepts a big chunk of the blame for not stopping it. He didn't protect the integrity of the game. That was the biggest fail.

Comments

• Options

I agree with you. Except I really feel he did juice. Didn't he come back from shoulder surgery with the Blue Jays bigger and badder then before? If I am right something is amiss. I thought I read that Clemens shoulder was so bad that there is no way he comes back as a power pitcher.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Canseco said in his book Clemens didn't cheat, yet he spoke out about several other who have all (?) admitted to using or have tested positive.

I'll also never understand why Pettitte said anything about Clemens, if you are going to admit to doing steroids, why mention your "best friend"? I hope I don't have any best friends like him!

I am not a big Clemens guy, but if he is innocent, he is getting screwed. Another trial is most certainly a waste of time and this McNamee's word is worthless.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    A waste of tax payers money, hell if he is found guilty he will get what 6 months probation. Let it go, this country has bigger problems.
    Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree this is a waste of time and money. The biggest liars money can buy are upset someone lied to them. Talk about the Polar Bear calling the Snowman white.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Don't forget, it's not just a waste of money but wasting OUR money.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts