Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Curious klippe slab

Interesting how they slabbed the klippe and fitted around the mount in this piece. I have not seen this done ATS.

Linky

Comments

• Options
    pretty interesting that they would even put this coin in the holder.

At least with some mounted coins that may be worth putting in the holder you dont have to rip the mount off the coin before sending it it- exp. if the mount was nicely done.

But I have a feeling that If I, or another casual collector would send a simular coin in it would come back in a flip.

-Kev
  • Options
    DeiGratiaDeiGratia Posts: 273 ✭✭✭
    Wow I guess days of the BB are gone?
    To please the collectors and capture more of the market share, they are slabbing everything now...
    Not that this affects me any since I buy mostly raw.
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    They have done this many times for medals, I would imagine you have to ask them specifically about doing a mounted coin but don't know for sure. I think it's a really great service.
  • Options
    BailathaclBailathacl Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

I had this Klippe slabbed ATS. Looks like they wedged it into a triangular foam mount (probably designed to hold one of those modern "Bermuda Triangle" coins?) Anyway, I find the net effect to be underwhelming visually.
    "The Internet? Is that thing still around??" - Homer Simpson
  • Options
    DeiGratiaDeiGratia Posts: 273 ✭✭✭
    Pfff like it's hard to cut out a triangle.
    I call it laziness.
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    That is a real nice piece Bailathacl, but I have to agree that the holder is a bit underwhelming.