Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

A Few Loose Items in with the Autograph Collection

Wanted to share some scans of a few loose items that I found amongst the autograph collection. Also found a whole bunch of
other sports (basketball, tennis, figure skating) and non-sport autographed cards and photos.

I should be able to scan about 1/3 of the football stuff this weekend. I'm more of a BB guy, buy I am absolutely blown away by
what I've skimmed through so far. Looking forward to sharing the images over the weekend.

Here's the teasers:

Dave

Comments

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I know someone here woud like that McCovey I believe

Looks like the t205's are trimmed, not so sure on the MaGee
  • Options
    Mdube16Mdube16 Posts: 744 ✭✭
    Get that Munson Authenticated ASAP.
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    The Star and Unitas look great.

The baseball I am not as well versed on.

However, those two I mentioned look legit.
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get those bad boys to PSA asap!! I want that Munson . Love how its in the corner like that.
  • Options
    Great stuff Dave. Keep them coming.
  • Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭
    I am not an autograph collector, and am mostly a baseball guy, but I am having such a blast going through these
    items that I am sure most here would also appreciate seeing them.

Interestingly, I also found a huge number of photos of my friend Steve with quite a few of the people that signed
    these items. As I mentioned at the outset, Steve spent his childhood chasing after sports stars at games, hotels,
    Canton, Cooperstown, etc. and had these personally signed. He's got thousands of autographed items and I am
    just getting blown away by how a single person could find the time to meet so many sports (and non-sports) super stars.

Today he even pulled out a few 5000 count boxes of 1992 ProLine football certfied autograph cards, 1971 Topps FB & BB sets,
    1972 Topps FB & BB sets, some uncut 1981 Topps BB sheets and (knowing that I am an unopened fan) a full wax case of 1981
    Fleer football.

And thank god I am not a native buckeye, because the OSU stuff is just mind-boggling.

Dave
  • Options

<< <i>I know someone here woud like that McCovey I believe

Looks like the t205's are trimmed, not so sure on the MaGee >>

That may be an effect of the scanner, as they look much better in hand. The story behind these 4 cigarette cards
    is that they came from an album that Steve picked up in northern Canada when he was 13 years old (1976) and they
    have been there ever since.

Likely these cards will go in for grading when I finally get a chance.

Dave
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet Munson!
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Awesome Munson! Any basketball/hockey autos in with this stuff?
  • Options
    Get that Thurman Munson PSA / DNA certified and be patient when fielding offers. I think there are a lot of people that will pay good money for it if it is authentic.
  • Options

<< <i>Get that Thurman Munson PSA / DNA certified and be patient when fielding offers. I think there are a lot of people that will pay good money for it if it is authentic. >>

This one definitely needs to be authenticated. However, given the number of photographs I have with Steve actually meeting the people that signed most of these cards
    and photos (and other things), knowing him for more than 30 years and even going with him to a few of these "find people to sign my stuff" events I have very little
    doubt that everything here is 100% legitimate.

We'll all be waiting to see what PSA/DNA has to say on the Munson.

Dave
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Good luck with the Munson. A sweet card if legit!

I may be wrong, but it appears to be more clubhouse than TM's. There are a couple of inconsistencies to the two that I have (Munson's signature did vary over his short career), but I've never seen the "M" in Munson broken like that, but it could be the result of signing in the corner.
  • Options

<< <i>Good luck with the Munson. A sweet card if legit!

I may be wrong, but it appears to be more clubhouse than TM's. There are a couple of inconsistencies to the two that I have (Munson's signature did vary over his short career), but I've never seen the "M" in Munson broken like that, but it could be the result of signing in the corner. >>

I was thinking the same thing on the Munson. I've never seen the M broken like that and I think the T looks off as well. Did your friend get Munson IP?