Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1971 Barratt - Cassius Clay / Muhammad Ali PSA 10

This card is super hard to find centered, and I've never seen a PSA 10 for sale before. Should be a fun one to watch. AUCTION LINK

Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
Jeff

Comments

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭
    that's tempting!
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I placed a bid so I can see the winner of the auction....should be a fun one to watch. It is a tough PSA 10 due to centering
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    Personally, I think this is probably Ali's most overrated card. For a long time many considered it his rookie card, and it's gotten a lot of hype because of that. With that said, I still think this card will go for over a grand. I put an early bid in on it this evening and was immediately outbid.
    Jeff
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    I just bid $511
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options

<< <i>I just bid $511 >>

That's a strong bid, but at this rate - you might be outbid by tomorrow morning.
    Jeff
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I just bid $511 >>

That's a strong bid, but at this rate - you might be outbid by tomorrow morning. >>

I am not the high bidder. I only pushed the current leading bidder higher
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    The card is off to a strong start for the first day.....
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    I love how the seller's George Best (huge soccer star) RC from this set which is a PSA but also a POP 3 (no 10's) is sitting at a cool $9.99.
  • Options
    If this card is doing this well, I'm wondering how well a high grade '65 Lampo Cassius Clay would do.
    Jeff
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    This is an extremely tough card to find centered, and it does have the history of being identified as a RC for a long time. I owned one of the first three PSA 9's of this card, and paid dearly for it about 13 years ago. A PSA 10 is a big time card of a still very underappreciated icon from a card collecting standpoint.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Personally, I think this is probably Ali's most overrated card. For a long time many considered it his rookie card, and it's gotten a lot of hype because of that. With that said, I still think this card will go for over a grand. I put an early bid in on it this evening and was immediately outbid. >>

I agree. Psa 10 is interesting because its impossible to find centered. I think some registry guys might really drive up the price. I would like to see some of his earlier cards the attentions this one has gotten in the past. I think pre war boxing cards have a strong following but the foreign issues from the 60s and 70s are still relatively forgotten about. There was a sale of a bgs 8.5 Lampo for over 8k on VCP so I can't really sit here and say its under valued.. I guess underrated is more fitting
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    He also has the tabletop Frogger
    I loved that game
  • Options
    $1249 and counting. Wow!
    Jeff
  • Options
    I'm just saying I want this card!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I'm just saying I want this card! >>

And I'm just sayin it looks like you will have to pay dearly for it! LOL. Hope all is well Mike!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

It's a heck of a card! But if I were to invest this much in an Ali card, I'd probably go after a nice '65 Lampo or '66 Panini. I think in the long run, those two cards will be the Ali's to own. Just my opinion.
    Jeff
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

It's a heck of a card! But if I were to invest this much in an Ali card, I'd probably go after a nice '65 Lampo or '66 Panini. I think in the long run, those two cards will be the Ali's to own. Just my opinion. >>

I second this.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    Is it too late to say that I agree as well?
  • Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    This is a great great card, and I love to see the boxing interest, which appears to be coming back after bottoming out. But if I learned one thing from the long-time collectors in trying to make the top 50 RC list, it's that this is definitely not the rookie. The 1960 Hemmets is also a solid (and very condition sensitive) contender, so it will likely be between that, the lampo and the panini if a 'true' rookie is ever established.
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    1966 Panini. My vote.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    This card may break $2000........
  • Options
    It's going to be close. I love seeing any boxing cards go this high!
    Jeff
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This card will definitely break $2,000!!

Less then 2 hours to go. I see fireworks in the last 30 minutes. There are currently 51 watchers and that is a good amount of eye balls on this auction.

If anyone is going for it good luck!

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭
    WOW ..... more strong prices all over the Bay
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $2,650 at the close!

Looks like a strong number to me.

• Options
    Holy crap! That's about $700 more than I thought it would do.
    Jeff
  • Options
    Went for big money, not surprised. I was out at a little over half that.

Cards are in full swing!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    Card prices do seem to be on the rise.......