Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Shipping Time from Spain to USA

I bought a coin from a dealer in Spain on or around March 30. Paid by Paypal. Was wondering if I should have received this coin by now, or is shipping time from Spain slow? Not really worried yet, just curious. Anyone?
Thanks.
Bruggs

Comments

• Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    Just received a piece via registered mail from Spain last thursday (19th) that had been posted on the 5th or 6th. Usually my experience with "regis" from Europe has been a week to 10 days so 3 weeks seems long to me and I'd certainly be checking on the tracking number if you received one. On the other hand, received a US National bank item from Peru a couple of weeks ago that took over 6 weeks (I checked the post marks) so you just never can tell. Good luck!

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive bought ancients from spain and it takes about 2 or so weeks to get it. Europe & germany take 5 days, go figure.
  • Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    USA to Canada, registered letter... 37 days...from texas, another 16 days....from Portland, both to Vancouver aerea..
    from Germany 4 days, from Finland 6 days.
    beats all logic..
    sent a letter to someone literally 5 miles away , same town, for a test..
    took 11 days...
    after questioning the post office manager, i was informed that they always do their best and that the advertised shipping time of maximum 4 days anywhere in canada is only a guidline.
    even though their GOV mandate stipulates max 4 days. He offered to refund the 61 cent stamp as a courtesy....
    as far as the ling shipping times from USA, he blamed it all on customs.
    a stamp on the the back indicated the letter arrived in Vancouver PO 3 days after it was posted in Texas. It went to customs and was cleared next day and given back to Canada Post.
    then it took 32 days for a journey of 70 KM ( 45 miles)...
    and he blamed customs...
    you figure...
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life