Home Precious Metals
Options

Spoiler Alert - Proposed Rule Change To List and Trade Shares of the APMEX Physical-1 oz. Gold Redee

MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
Sorry if this has or hasn't gotten out already.

I just stumbled across this

Self-Regulatory Organizations; NYSE Arca, Inc.; Notice of Filing of Proposed Rule Change To List and Trade Shares of the APMEX Physical-1 oz. Gold Redeemable Trust Pursuant to NYSE Arca Equities Rule 8.201
A Notice by the Securities and Exchange Commission on 03/26/2012

They are going to hold 1oz Eagles and 1oz Leafs
Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Comments

• Options
    I'm surprised the PM forum is not buzzing about this one.

APMEX is trying to have their own Physical Gold ETF traded on NYSE

that seems like big news.... for them at least. perhaps that's why no one is interested?
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's yet another sign that the gold bull market is ending

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they'll use the double sided profits on that to eat the crappy shipping and CC costs a bit.

riiiiiight
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's yet another sign that the gold bull market is ending >>

Agreed. That plus their history of their shafting people with the ATBs will keep me far far away from this.
    Best.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    on one hand, they aren't some big name money center everyone is familiar with

on the other hand, they aren't some big name money center everyone is familiar with (for the wrong reasons)

I wonder how they will be received.

It isn't a good sign that another small fish wants to jump in the pond, but on the other hand, knowing APMEX, it makes sense they'd want in looking by hindsight.